Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which ones do you recommend and where to buy?...

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
I got the speedy moto sliders (frame, and both axles) from desmoworks,, I like them, hopefully they will never be need. I might suggest looking around for the speedy moto frame slider because there may be several varieties. (I got the ones for the 1098 but fit the SF too

here is a link:
http://www.desmoworks.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_327

** I also got the same sliders as mappieclead listed in the post below **

·
Registered
233 Posts
10-0202 front slider
10-0207 rear slider
09-0205 frame slider

I got these from desmoworks

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, what's the installation process for the fork/swingarm sliders?...does it require removal of the front & rear axles?...how about the frame slider?

·
Registered
233 Posts
To install all 3 sets of sliders, it took me 15 minutes more or less. There is a long bolt where the frame slider goes and you just need to replace that with the supplied rod that comes with the frame slider. Very simple, very fast and highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any other recommendations?

·
1,642 Posts
To install all 3 sets of sliders, it took me 15 minutes more or less. There is a long bolt where the frame slider goes and you just need to replace that with the supplied rod that comes with the frame slider. Very simple, very fast and highly recommended.
same here,, about 15 minutes,, the axle sliders just bolt on very easily.. the frame slider is just one step 'trickier' because you change the bolt as mentioned,, taking the existing bolt off actually held me up for about a minute because one side is a hex nut and the other is a allen key

·
Registered
31 Posts
Question about frame slider installation

I just got the Motivation frame sliders. The instructions say to make sure the engine is supported from underneath before replacing the mid-engine support rod. If and how did you do that? Also the original support rod seems to have a grease nipple on it. Any issues with replacing that with one that doesn't?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I went with Speedymoto for the frame and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCA...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1171
for the front, and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCA...s?hash=item2554cf3317&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116
for the rear. I don't like bolts at the ends, they both have an aluminum shaft and they tighten one right hand and one left hand. 3 second operation, I have them on my 999R and love them, also great price too!. I've seen a kid pick up his new SF and on his way home someone cut him off causing him to get a handfull of brake, he's OK but the fork bottoms were chewed to bits. Is cheap insurance the way I see it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered SpeedyMotor frame and axle sliders from desmoworks this morning...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have speedy moto sliders in frame and both axles. Can no longer use Ducati rear lift. Can the rear sliders be used to lift bike, or must I remove them to use the lift? If multiple models from speedy moto could have been used, which can be used as spools?

·
1,642 Posts
I just got the Motivation frame sliders. The instructions say to make sure the engine is supported from underneath before replacing the mid-engine support rod. If and how did you do that? Also the original support rod seems to have a grease nipple on it. Any issues with replacing that with one that doesn't?
I supported the motor with a hydraulic floor jack ,, but I dont' know if it was completely necessary as there are two other bolts that hold the motor. HOWEVER,, I did.
also if you plan on taking a long time (like an hour or more :) ) to switch the frame bolts,, use something else instead of a hydraulic jack (they all leak and slowly sink).. changing the bolt (pulling one out and putting the other in) took less than 30 seconds, and was very easy.. surprisingly so.
,,, I don't think my bolts had any grease nipples.. are you sure you took the right thing off?, Mine used and allen head on one side and a normal nut on the other (it's a big bolt and nut)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't done anything yet. There was certainly a big blob of grease on one side. It looked like it was over a nipple, but it could well have just been grease; I was just checking out what parts had to be removed. I didn't have the pair of 16mm deepsets needed to put the new slider bolt on and I was concerned about propping the engine up. I am going to try to find some time to do it this weekend.

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts