Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I pulled the stickers off my RR, I used some rubbing alcohol on a Diaper cloth to remove the residual glue. Worked great...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Were you guys able to get the stickers off intact? Or wasn't that a goal?

I worry that we'll have to smog bikes someday and they'll want to see the smog sticker.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
"re-place" them on them on a more conspicuous portion of the frame. if that's not an option, use a piece of cardboard and keep it close by. as for their removal, use a warm setting on a hair dryer, evenly distribute the air for 3-5 minutes, and go to work.

any residual stickiniess can be removed using wd40 or goo-gone.

regards

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hair dryer to take them off, WD to clean up the mess and stuck them in the seat pan just in case.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I came back from a ride, left it in the sun awhile, carefully used a heat gun and all came off intact with most of the glue as well, put them in the owners manual blank pages.

Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
goo-gone. can get it anywhere. use a papertowel and wet down the gummy stuff, wait a bit, then rub it off with some more. pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Did anyone remove the "WARNING! This motor vehicle requires fine tuning to insure complete customer satisfaction." sticker?

Someone said removing it will invalidate your warranty, is this true?

·
Registered
230 Posts
goo gone, or use a piece of masking tape, and keep sticking and unsticking it to the sticky stuff until all the sticky stuff has come off

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, the bike looks much better w/o all that crap. But getting the sticky stuff off from under the tank is a real pain. Those are some gigantic stickers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts