Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my Streetfighter S today =D *Pictures coming soon, Like an hour* anyways.

I also picked up some Motovation Frame Sliders. In the instructions it says to make sure the bike is stand up straight and you put blocks under the engine...

My question is do I really need to do this? I currently don't have a rear stand and I dont even know how to put the motor on blocks when the exhaust pipes are in the way.

Someone who has done this please Advise.

I did the framesliders on my 749 I just don't remember if was on the stand or not when I did it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just finished the motovation frame sliders install and I put the bike on rear and front stands and used a car jack to support the engine, I put a big folded cloth between the jack and the lower oil filter plate and ever so slightly raised the jack (just enough to support the engine).... the frame supporting rod slid out easily with this support... if you don't support the engine, you risk the engine shifting and the support rod will not slip out easily..

let me know if you need pictures of how to support the engine .. a long time ago, I tried this on my 848 without supporting the engine and the rod didn't budge ...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I had my son hold the bike upright while I loosened the nuts and the rod slipped out with a very slight nudge...surprised me it came out so easily, I was prepared to support the motor if I had encountered any resistance at all...

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had my son hold the bike upright while I loosened the nuts and the rod slipped out with a very slight nudge...surprised me it came out so easily, I was prepared to support the motor if I had encountered any resistance at all...
Mine just slipped out as well (while on the side stand). Did it the same way with my M1100S and M696. If the motor does slip a bit, lightly tap the bar going in from the stand side with a rubber mallet. Easy peasy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts