Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

frame sliders???

G
2337 9
Does anyone make frame sliders for a '99 900ss??

:D

leo
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
The frame sliders will require you to cut the bodywork.
We have been cutting the Delrin slider and mounting them under the fairing:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=9%7CMisc%20Parts%3A%20Italian%20Bikes&productID=435&showDetail=1&categoryID=42|Ducati%20SS%20Misc%2E&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D

I think I can deal with some holes on the fairings... could someone post a pic showing how they look mounted.

I haven't bough the bike yet, but I'm very tempted.

would a ss be a good introductory bike to the ducati world??

I would love a superbike but they are out of my price range at the moment.

Regards,
Leonardo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blade625CT said:
absolutely

I actually prefer mine over my superbike.
Well, I have some good and bad new...
The bad: It seens that I'm not going to be able to buy a bike at the moment. I'll have to wait some more time :eek:

The good: my budget grew like +/-$2k overnight. :D

So, while I wait... blade, could ou explain me why you preffer your ss? :D

thanks!
leo

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, you may or may not be getting the SS but you should know that 1999 SuperSports use a different frame slider that the 2000+. Trust me , I went through this with SpeedyMoto and you will now see that they make two different sized frame sliders for the SS. The 1999 model is a little shorter as the engine bolt is shorter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.