Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for frame sliders for a 2000 996 biposto. Does anyone know if a change to the frame was made for the 2001 so that if sliders are advertised 2001+ they will not fit a 2000.
thaks in advance

·
grand poobah
714 Posts
I believe the issue is the diameter of the upper engine mounting bolt. I dont know what year it changed but They were 10mm on the earlier models and moved to 12mm on the later ones also found on the earlier R and Rs Superbikes. The tens will fit in the 12 hole but should not be used as the engine could move in the frame just that 2mm. hope that helps at least some. Brad

·
Registered
583 Posts
SpeedyMoto used to make an excellent set which could use short mushroom type pucks which go under the bodywork and protect the battery, water-pump etc, or swap to longer/narrower cylindrical pucks which projected through a hole cut in the fairing panel, and protected the fairing panels as well.

Well made, easy to fit, reasonable cost - dreadful stickers though.

I have used these for several years very happily, the short under bodywork ones for the street, and the longer ones for the track (where they were tested thoroughly with good results!).

Sadly Speedymoto replaced the longer pucks with long mushroom shaped pucks, which need to be removed before you can take off the fairing panel (unless you cut an enormous hole in the fairing):mad:. Don't know about you, but I like to be able to take the fairing lowers off quickly.

If you can find the old set-up at a dealers or accessory shop, I highly recommend them (please let me know too, so I can get some spare pucks in).

Best of luck,

Spin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that is the info I was looking for.
Dont want to bust a engine mount with the wrong slider.
So now I am starting the hunt for a battery and sliders.
And the mushroom may be it for a older bike.
Not that many choices.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Sadly Speedymoto replaced the longer pucks with long mushroom shaped pucks, which need to be removed before you can take off the fairing panel (unless you cut an enormous hole in the fairing):mad:. Don't know about you, but I like to be able to take the fairing lowers off quickly.
Can you cut down the long slider to fit under the fairing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts