Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedy Moto frame slider kit is on the way for my SC 1000s. Never done this before and would like to ask any advice from you guys that have installed these. Seems it's a pretty straight forward install just curious if there is anything I need to do to make the installation go smoothly. It looks like the bolt travels through the engine casing - should I support the motor from below with a block of wood or something to keep it from moving downward once the original bolt is removed or will it all stay in place.

I searched the forums to check what torque the engine mount bolts should be and found 60nm to be the spec. What is that in Foot Pounds ? 44 ?

Thanks again and I do appreciate any tips you can offer

hedly

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Use a jack under the engine with a piece of wood so you can line up the holes for the bolt. Notice the difference in quality between the Speedymoto and Duc bolts. I got another high quality one for the other mount. Don't know if it does anything but I feel better. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a jack under the engine with a piece of wood so you can line up the holes for the bolt. Notice the difference in quality between the Speedymoto and Duc bolts. I got another high quality one for the other mount. Don't know if it does anything but I feel better. :)
Thanks, not sure what you mean by the quality of of the Speedy Moto supplied bolts. Is this the through the engine bolt or others...again - sorry but never done this before so I'm just looking for what to expect. When you did your install, did you tighten everything up using a torque wrench or just snugged it all up tight

Hedly

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I am talking about the bolt that passes through the engine and frame that you get with the kit. You must use a torque wrench. The instructions from Speedymoto stress this.

·
Registered
2006 Sport 1000, 2005 R1200GS
25 Posts
I installed the front, rear, and engine sliders in 15 minutes before my wife realized I bought something else for the Ducati. Since its already on the bike I cant return it. :ROFLMAO: right!!

I did this while the bike was on its kickstand. I took the old bolt out and put in the new bolt the left side was not lining up so I used the old bolt as leverage and my persuasion tool to send the bolt through and then torqued to spec. Easy install. If you have the time you can support the engine with a jack and block of wood but either method will get the job done.

### just realized this was an old post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts