Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody bought frame plugs for their 1200. If so could you please share what you have and where you bought them from. Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have a look at my bike. I just posted on "what did ya do to your bike today.

I got mine from ducabike.de

german company

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
How much you gonna spend? there was a thread where some ones were a couple of $$$

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Black CNC Racing set from Bellissi Moto. Love them.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frame Plugs

Thanks guys for the help really appreciate it. I'll be ordering a set from ducabike.de or CNC Racing set from Bellissi Moto, just haven't decided which set yet. They're both great looking. Love what you did with your Multi raafrebel, let me know which debt exhaust you're going with as I plan on doing the same with my PP. Again, thanks to all for your kind feedback.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Here's the under $10 solution for Multistrada frame plugs.....

You'll find them in the hardware aisle for about a buck apiece.

Northlight
When you first post them I went to my local Homo Depo and they had no idea what I was talking about then went back with a picture and still had no clue. They told me the only plugs they carry is the ones for the bottom of the cairs which they're cup shaped.
I guess it depends of which HD you go to?

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Northlight any hint regarding sizes? Diameters? :think:
Buy a whole mess of them and take back the ones you don,t use....

Good job for the Wifey to return the extras . You get rid of her for a while , OR She may comeback with a load of stuff from her shopping trip...

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Here's the under $10 solution for Multistrada frame plugs.....

You'll find them in the hardware aisle for about a buck apiece.

Northlight
I'm not a big fan of frame plugs but the plastic end caps are the best ones I've seen to date.

Nice job,

·
Registered
98 Posts
When you first post them I went to my local Homo Depo and they had no idea what I was talking about then went back with a picture and still had no clue. They told me the only plugs they carry is the ones for the bottom of the cairs which they're cup shaped.
I guess it depends of which HD you go to?
Lowes has them.

Be Safe,

Bill

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lowe's Hardware: Round Tubing Inserts

Lowe's....not Home Depot....was my resource for the black "round tubing inserts".

If I remember correctly, it took three different sizes to cap all the holes: 7/8", 1 1/2" and 1 5/8" or 1 3/4".

Just do a quick measurement of the inside diameter of the holes and you'll know what to buy.

One of the available sizes was a loose fit in one of the holes and required a bit of silicone seal to keep it in place.

Northlight

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think mine were like 80 bucks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts