Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got the bike (2012 Streetfighter 848) I noticed that that two small parts of the frame had the paint worn off and when I looked at the bottom side of the tank the other day the corresponding spots had worn small holes about 3-4mm deep. This tank has never seen ethanol and as far as I can tell shows no other signs of expansion. Is this a common problem not related to tank expansion, does anyone else have this as well? I am planning to put a thin plastic film between these two parts to prevent further friction. See pics

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
You are probably going to need something more substantial . I’ve tried plastic film and tape, it doesn’t last. Try the fuzzy side of Velcro, with the better adhesive. You could also put some on the rubber frame blocks to space it up a little.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably going to need something more substantial . I’ve tried plastic film and tape, it doesn’t last. Try the fuzzy side of Velcro, with the better adhesive. You could also put some on the rubber frame blocks to space it up a little.
Thanks for your reply! I ended up putting some small clear rubber pucks that stick on one side onto the take where it meets the frame. I can't figure out why the tank would be build with such tight tolerences. I don't think it is gas based tank expansion because the tank does not show any other signs of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts