Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall my "quick project" 900SScr turned into a not so quick project. Completely tore the bike down to the frame. A greasy, messy, nasty frame that I started to try to clean last fall with little success. Today I tried some degreasing wipes from 3M made for professional cleaners. Just used one wipe to get the bulk of the grease off. It was so saturated with grease and grime that it just started redepositing the mess, but I was 95% done anyway. Finish it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Bare frame-spray it down with Gunk let it sit for 30 min--then-Pressure wash it - then if needed wipe it down with your wipes & call it a day

·
Registered
223 Posts
I go to the local coin op car wash.
They have a degreaser and spray. Figure it is better to make the mess there, then my driveway.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That will do it, but what they have in the sprayer normally is not that great as a de-greaser so I would probably go buy a can of gunk, & go to the car wash hoes it with gunk let it sit for 30 min, then spray it with gunk again then use their stuff as a final --but of course it depends how nasty it is now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts