Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:think:Was just wondering what some people's opinions are on the kits available for the front forks of our XX9 bikes. I used to have the UES kit on my 749, but I have since upgraded to a set of 1098 Showa forks. Was looking at the Ohlins cartridge drop in kit for $1500. The same UES kit, just made for the 1098, $300. The Race Tech G2-R 25mm kit for$1300. Or the Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 kit for $999. Was wondering if anyone as used any of these kits, no matter the bike, and what their thoughts were of them. I am not planning on buying the Ohlins RT forks as I think these kits dialed in are better and cheaper. Any info would be greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the UES kit in my Aprilia and love it! Part number 03200-25, huge difference, great stability, I can ride over anything and it makes the bike feel better in the turns.

This next week I am putting the Ohlins PN 03200-27 in my 999R. I was told it has even better valving than the -25 but I have yet to see the two side by side or compared the pictures I took of the -25 to the -27 since the 27 is not here yet. Ducati Indianapolis is doing the 999R, Matt Carr is a bad ass.

My R6 track bike is getting the GP Suspension goodies right now, compression, rebound and needles. My buddy from 35Motorsports.com is installing that kit tomorrow, also a bad ass when it comes to the Asian bikes.

To be honest I think suspension is a better upgrade than aftermarket pipes. 98% of people that have done it would agree with me and if not then, well they don't agree with me (totally unscientific on that one but this thread will tell the tail).

Something else to consider is that your fork oil should be changed every two years, more if you are on the track. When the oil comes out it looks nasty and does not have the same viscosity of the stuff you are putting in. You wouldn't keep dirty, broken down oil in your engine so why do it with the forks. If you are already taking your forks apart to be clean then I would suggest upgrading the valving.

Also, it sounds really cool when you come to a stop and hear the oil swoosh through the valves!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ducati Indy

Yes Matt is a bad ass! He was the one who built up my bike for me. Way to much to list, but sufice it to say, he turned it into a Super Bike. I took it all apart this winter and am finally putting it back together. I wanted the 1098 forks so I could run the new monobloc calipers, already have all the other goodies. Just trying to figure out how to make the new front end handle as best it could. Thanks for the info and help. Sounds like you have a great stable of toys as well. I'm only down to my last two: the 924S, and a 06' 600RR that is a street/track bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts