Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I low sided last weekend at 2 mph and my left fork leg snapped off clean somehow. ?

I have a 2008 Hyper 1100s and I found a salvaged entire Marzocchi fork from a 2010 1100 Evo SP (include triple clamps and steering head) for cheaper than a replacement leg.

I was wondering if any of you guys knows for sure if the 2 are compatible and anything I should be concerned with if I install the Evo SP fork instead of the original OEM. All bolt on parts seem identical, based on parts catalogs.

All inputs are greatly appreciated as this is a big setback !

Thank you

Resgaush!

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
If you have all the parts, it should be a direct swap. I was comparing some of the front end part numbers between the two models and there are some differences for example the brake lines which don't share the same numbers; likely the SP ones are longer. However if you've got all that already than you should be good. The SP also has bar risers, just another thing to think about, but maybe you've already got those too with the triple.

One thing I'd mention though is that the rear Ohlins shock on the SP is a little taller than the S model. The SP model Ohlins spring is 8 coils while the S model Ohlins is 7 coils. You may be OK getting away with adjusting the ride height adjuster up to compensate for some of the difference in height. Don't know how picky you are on handling specifics but you may want to invest in an SP rear shock in the future to do the full SP suspension swap. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would think you could assemble it. But the bike's geometry isn't going to be correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! It turns out the forks are slightly longer 10-12 mm. I will try to drop the forks in the triple clamps to maintain the front end geometry. I appreciated y'all feedback!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts