Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'am back with my tail between my legs. After my last thread of price of ownership, I got bit by the bug and now I have dreams of grandure with my GT1000 that will becoming all the way from Maine to CA. I read all the threads, saw the stickes and I'm even more confused. I want to upgrade the wheel, forks and brakes in that order. I'm leaning toward the carrozzeria wheels which means I'll need the 999 4p calipers. Will the carrozzeria wheels with the 4p calipers need differnt offset rotors than the stock gt1000? Will I need to get differnt brake lines, master cylinder? If so will the carrozzeria fit the right rotors? Will I have to do anything to the rear break when upgrading to the carrozzeria wheels? Will forks from a St4, St4s, S4, S4R, fit the carrozzeria wheels? Any thing special I should know about fitting carrozzeria wheels, 999 4p calipers, St4 forks? Thanks guys, I know a lot of this has been covered but I'm justs swimming in this stuff

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
No.
No (but Brembo RCS MCs are soooo cool).
Yes (see #1).
No.
Yes.
Yes (read the Carrozzeria instructions...axle torque values should be HALF of factory or you'll damage the Japanese bearings)

Also, get good tires...Michelin Pilot Pures or Pirelli Rosso Corsas.

I think that is in the right order :)

Post Picts once you have them mounted. I'm biding my time for the Carrozzerias too!

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well geez, that was easy :D thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
One more thing about the Carrozzerias: They come with a new sprocket (you specify tooth count and size...520/525/530). So, you may want to consider upgrading the front sprocket and chain at the same time, so as not to have a mix of old and new on the driveline. If you're bike is low miles, or you've recently replaced the chain/sprocket then it will probably be fine.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts