Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

481 - 482 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
Finally I have all the ducks in a row for this one. IIt started out with me juct wanting a set of 3 piece dis cs as per the original Fe models but turned into a nightmare. Had so much trouble getting my own set that I though screw this I will make my own. So I have finally got complete disc sets designed and been manufactured based on the original 3 Piece design as per the 320mm disc sets as fitted to the 900SS final edition with a twist. The carriers were redesigned to be stronger and more resilient while retaining the classic appearance of the original. The bobbins have also been redesigned and are lighter, stronger and have a more positive locking system while been manufactured from a superior material. And finally the rotors, reproduced in heat treated AISI420 stainless steel. Carriers are in the Old Gold anodising, the bobbins are black and the rotors are precision ground finish to the correct width..
All the parts are interchangeable with an original disc set and I now have them available for some of the other bikes that I am working on. Think from memory that I have enough to build 20 complete discs. No more rusted discs issues when it gets wet or in the off season. Greater longevity, durability and the performance of a quality disc set.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is some beautiful craftsmanship. Great Job.

481 - 482 of 482 Posts