Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been helping my mother clear out some things throughout her house lately. Lots (and lots) of books. Some I've sold for her. I'll keep a couple. Other's I have, or will, give away.

My father had many interests and one was foraging (while backpacking) and gardening. I have at least a half dozen such books that will be difficult to sell. So, I am offering them for the cost of shipping only. Titles available (thus far):

• Stalking the Wild Asparagus by Euell Gibbons, 7th printing, 1968
  • The Organic Way To Mulching by Organic Gardening and Farming, 1st printing 1972
  • Stalking the Healthful Herbs by Gibbons, 5th printing 1970
  • The Food Lover's Garden by Angelo Pellegrini, 2nd printing 1970
  • Stalking the Faraway Places by Gibbons, 1st printing 1973
  • The Ruth Stout No-Work Garden Book by Stout and Richard Clemence, 2nd printing 1971
  • Stalking the Good Life by Gibbons, 3rd printing 1971
All are essentially 'brand new' condition (books were handled with great care/respect in our family). Photos upon request. First come, first served.

·
Administrator
12,297 Posts
Some of those books might be worth some money!
I remember some ad on TV when I was a kid by Euell Gibbons, I almost think it was for Grape Nuts. May have to look it up.
I have to laugh at the title "Stalking the Wild Asparagus". I can just picture a video of someone sneaking up on wild asparagus :D

Reactions: WileECoyote

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
You betcha, Grape Nuts ads a plenty. I remember as a kid seeing a few. The guy was a real wilderness lover and trailsman.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Ruth Stout No-Work Garden Book has been taken.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Food Lover's Garden by Angelo Pellegrini now gone as well.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I left Stalking the Good Life by Gibbons in a Little Free Library in the park I spent lots of my youth in yesterday.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All gone. Thanks for playing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.