Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There comes a time, in our Ducs' lives, when they need to go to the Vet, i.e., the Dealer, for service (in my case, a 2002 750 Sport). When an issue is beyond our personal skillset, a good shop can make all the difference. In my case, I am considering between Ducati Brea, and Ducati Newport Beach. MotoServizio is currently out the equation, as he does not answer the phone, let alone return messages.

All opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Not much help here, I don't know those shops.
But, ProItalia in Glendale has a good rep, I have never done biz with them.
Wheels In Motion in Chatsworth I have been to once, and had a good impression.
Probably too far for you though. I know I would not likely go to Newport or Brea.
GLW Service.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I’m a huge fan of Ducati Newport Beach. DNB sponsors our club and it is extremely supportive. DNB gives us discounts on track days, hosts bike nights, etc. I’ve had DNB work on my bikes since 2011 and I’ve always been happy. I’m not going to bash Brea, but I will say that DNB exclusively sells Ducati.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Newport Ducati all the way any day.
Bought my monster 1200r from del amo and the couldn’t seem to fix an oil leak. Newport Ducati seemed to find it, and after warranty they got ducati to re honor the warranty after it expired. And del amo took a very long time.

I will be paying the premium of having a dedicated Ducati dealer like Newport do my services from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve dealt with all the dealerships in one way or another over the last 15 or so years. All unremarkable, but the premium that you pay doesn’t really seem to be reflected in anything worthwhile in my opinion. Motoservizio is a legit shop, but one with quirks that come along with dealing with a one-man operation. He’s busy with a loyal client base for good reason (not to mention reasonably priced, which is uncommon when it comes to ducati service).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have bought a Multistrada from Brea and the service was just OK..I returned there once for a recall and I had to spend 6 hours there and had to keep asking what the deal was on the bike..really annoying...Not the most friendly place...I also bought a new bike from Beverly Hills Ducati...Small shop but ok service....I now go to ProItalia as I live near there....Nothing special and not over friendly. Right now they seem overwhelmed due to the conditions, limited servicing, shop somewhat reopened. I called the manager to ask a question but he never called me back....Not an easy time to find great service....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts