Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a Penta full exhaust system with FatDuc and am considering getting the aftermarket fuel tank. Do I have to do an air box mod? Or will those filters that come with the upgrade tank count as a legitimate mod?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I already have a Penta full exhaust system with FatDuc and am considering getting the aftermarket fuel tank. Do I have to do an air box mod? Or will those filters that come with the upgrade tank count as a legitimate mod?
I have the larger gas tank, and I'm not sure I understand your question:)
The larger gas tank displaces the air box, and the new filters now act as your air intake.;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
the air box is removed with the cyclewerks tank. The pod filters will clamp on to the intake tube.
I would call the cyclewerks filter kit a mod... though I havent seen any dyno #'s , but I would think that it frees up air flow. That would have to free up more HP

·
Registered
140 Posts
You get all the needed parts together with the larger tank. Very complete kit.

The extra fuel takes the place of the standaard airbox (and partly the space for the battery).

See install pictures on: http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/gallery/index.php?dir=Fuel_tanks/HM1100/install

The loss of the airbox costs a few HP.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts