Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did you end up doing for signals? i've had enough of the bar end mirrors. couldn't stand to look at them another day, so off everything came. not really digging the frame mounted flashers that i've seen some do. looking for ideas. hand signals for now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The guy I bought my hyper from had a strip of LEDs mounted in the side fairing triangular openings. Looks very cool but close to 100% worthless as far as visibility/safety is concerned. You can also make two small brackets and just mount them on the black plastic cover under the instrument panel to have them beside the headlight for a more 'classic' look.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The DP mirrors have LED strips built in and plug right into the handguard wiring... seems like the best and most visible way to go. They look good, too.

I actually LOVE the bar end mirrors! The Hyper is 1st bike I've owned where I can see ALL the way behind me without contorting my arms! But I can see where that w i d e front end might not be everyone's cup of tea...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I just did away with my blinkers. TX law say you dont have to have them, and I dont do much riding in traffic.... So no blinkers

·
Registered
662 Posts
I went with the DP mirrors with built-in signals and like them a lot. They're pricey but I was able to get a decent discount from my dealer, so I jumped on them. Unlike the stock bar ends, which I didn't actually hate, the DP mirrors are vibration free and hold their positions. An added bonus is that they're highly visible to oncoming cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
while i like the idea of the dp mirrors with the indicators on them, they (and others i've seen) are surely visible to traffic... and from the freakin moon! whats up with the super long adapters that are used? that breaks the deal for me, looks too wonky. now, if there was a way to mount them closer to the bars...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Those look like vibration dampeners there, not adapters.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What are ya'll doing for bar ends if you take the handgaurds off and replace the mirrors and turn signals with the DP ones?

Thanx,
Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gotta snap a few pics later, but i ended up using the two bolt holes (one each side) that hold the "tank" panels on (the ones underneath) i got some LED signals that are pretty compact, they peek out nicely without taking away from the lines of the bike. now i'm on to mirrors. looking at the crg bar end mirrors. a friend of mine uses them on his 696 and they are really nicely made. small and round, which i like since the hyper has plenty of angles to go around!

·
Registered
86 Posts
MINUSONE Who makes that tail bag? That looks perfect for the bike. I've been looking for the right one to come along. Do you have more pictures? I can see there are some straps holding it in front, how is it connected at the back? Would it work with Termi 2into1? Your comments on the bag please?

·
Registered
32 Posts
DP Guards & Pazzo Levers

Does anyone know from experience if the DP replacement guards will clear the standard length (long) Pazzo levers?

Thanks,
DesmoStan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts