Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you ever get a notion to come out west for a tour, get yourself a copy of the Destination Highways books for Washington, British Columbia, or Northern California. They rate the roads worthy of being ridden by a motorcycle in those areas.

They're rated on twistiness, engineering, character, remoteness, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

What I do is look for the twistiest roads and make myself a route that linkes as many of the top ones as I can. Then just frappe la rue, Jacques.

You can't go wrong.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I have the DH books for Washington and BC, but have never used them. I have only ridden in BC twice and have learned the Washington roads by riding them.

The books are very good for those who do not reside in this area. I hope to get up to BC more often after the 2010 Olympics and use my BC edition.

It is ironic that those DH Canucks have probably ridden more roads south of the border in Washington and NoCal than many residents of those states.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ssurprises abound

I've ridden a few roads in BC before I bought the book. There are lots of little nuggets in there. There's a four letter word that gets in the way of finding the roads myself (W-O-R-K), so I'm grateful that those guys give up hockey season to ride all over the place searching out those roads.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
The book would definitely help in riding BC. Paul Geller and I took a brief road trip to BC last year and noticed that there were very few obvious by-ways off the main highways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts