Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
No kidding! If it wasnt beneficial then the top guys would not do it. Just because Code isnt fast enough to see a difference he thinks that it is a gimmick. People thought that Roberts dragging a knee was gimmicky when he first did it too.........

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I've heard some say it helps, I've heard other say it doesn't. I don't agree with Keith on everything but I am really leaning towards this being Rossi messing with people. I think it may have happened on accident once and when people kept asking him about it he decided to keep playing with them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rossi is good but he isnt that good. I dont think there is a racer out there that would deliberately f##k with their corner entry unless it was advantageous. I am pretty sure that if it didnt do some good riders like Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner would have tried it and quit doing it when they didnt see some results. Its not like those guys are club racers trying to emulate their hero. We are talking about the best of the best here.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've heard some say it helps, I've heard other say it doesn't. I don't agree with Keith on everything but I am really leaning towards this being Rossi messing with people. I think it may have happened on accident once and when people kept asking him about it he decided to keep playing with them.
Well if they are all doing it now how is Rossi fucking with them??? Seems like if he was really fucking with them, he would have stopped doing it this year. Then they would still be doing it and he would have stopped... now that would be messing with them. But realistically I believe it works for some and not for others, but the fact is the three fastest guys on the planet do it and it's not just to fuck around on race day... Rossi is playful but not while racing, the guy wants every win.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
It obviously doesn't hurt them - but Rossi would sure as hell do it and keep doing it to see how many others he can get suckered in.

·
Registered
85 Posts
dirt style

Hi, I have 300 miles on my hyper and I'm trying to figure out which way works better for me (cornering).
1) pushing down on the bars like dirt bike style and keeping my body away from the bike.
2)knee dragging style and hanging off the bike toward the ground like gp style.
Like I said before I only have 300 miles on this bike BUT I like the dirt bike style better.
Any thoughts ????

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, I have 300 miles on my hyper and I'm trying to figure out which way works better for me (cornering).
1) pushing down on the bars like dirt bike style and keeping my body away from the bike.
Like I said before I only have 300 miles on this bike BUT I like the dirt bike style better.
Any thoughts ????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfWWPyvZMZg

·
Registered
346 Posts
Any thoughts ????
Use both styles. The dirt bike style works well in in the very tight, rough
backroads. If the speeds are up and the corners are longer, you will need
to hang off to reduce lean angle and keep parts from dragging. Moving half
a cheek off the inside also seems to help reduce the tendency to break a tire
loose in a fast sweeper when a tire unweights over a rise or the amount of
available traction reduces suddenly. Big lean angles are fun in the dirt, but
you are expecting traction to be iffy and sliding the bike is a given. On the
street with an expensive 400+ pound bike, sliding is an adventure, but can
be costly, so hanging off a bit to reduce lean gives me peace of mind.

I would save actual knee-dragging for track days...

·
Registered
592 Posts
in the wet ride it like a dirt bike

round town ride it like a dirt bike

on a good hack ride it like a dirt bike till you start to bounce about and get a sore neck

on the track riding like a sports bike seems to be quicker and safer. knee down is hard as the seat is tall and there is nothing to grip onto with your knee to relax. I slid off the inside of the bike doing 200kph almost knee down in a turn 1 at our track. I shat myslef! lucky I was exiting and could use the bars to pull me back on the bike but it stood up pretty fast and got big wobbles. running wide at 200+ is not an option!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts