Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about installing Denali lights on my MTS. I currently have the Touratech fog lamps installed, running off the switch on the left grip. The Denali lights use 6.6 amps. I'm wondering whether I can replace the Touratech lights with the Denali lights, using the same wiring and switch. Anybody know whether the stock switch and wiring will power 6.6 amp lights?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bump

Necrothreaded - but I have the same question......Buller? Buller?

·
Registered
759 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, Touratech fog lamps draw 3 amps per headlight, so it's probably unwise to double the current through the handlebar switch. Instead, use the switch to actuate a relay that, in turn, switches the full 13.2 amps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, Touratech fog lamps draw 3 amps per headlight, so it's probably unwise to double the current through the handlebar switch. Instead, use the switch to actuate a relay that, in turn, switches the full 13.2 amps.
That's helpful, thank you!

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
52 Posts
I'm thinking about installing Denali lights on my MTS. I currently have the Touratech fog lamps installed, running off the switch on the left grip. The Denali lights use 6.6 amps. I'm wondering whether I can replace the Touratech lights with the Denali lights, using the same wiring and switch. Anybody know whether the stock switch and wiring will power 6.6 amp lights?
How did you make them run off the factory LHS switch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts