Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've never had any trouble with the Key until today. I rode the bike all morning and in the afternoon sat down for a beer with some friends. One of them asked to try the bike, so I turned it on for him and off he went. Another friend took the bike for a ride after him. All this must have been around 10 minutes. When they returned, I realized I've had the FOB key in my pocket the whole time. But even worst, after turning off the bike I haven't been able to power it back again with the key. I can only do it with the pin code button. I can't imagine how these two episodes are connected, but they surely must be. Any solutions, please??

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Do you get a "no key" inside the circle?
Put the key fob next to the left side of the dash and see if that does it, you might have a dead battery, also never put the key fob by an electronic device like the I phone and such, it will constantly comunicate with it to the point that it will kill the battery. Also never leave the battery on the bike when parked, still, that will kill the battery too.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
The no key warning should have come on???
try a new key battery . I carry one just in case (no problem yet) So it will never die right?
Try the active ket very close to the bottom of windscreen where you use your passive Red key...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The passive key works perfectly and I can use the red switch to power of the bike, so I guess the red switch works. Also, when I turn the handle bar to engage the lock, the sign says WAITING FOR LOCK but pushing down the red switch won't engage the lock but a sign saying RED SWITCH NOT RELEASED appears.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved! Replaced the battery and everything is normal again. It was the first obvious solution, but I guess it was the string of events that mislead me. Thanks for the quick answers. Once again, this is what a great forum is all about.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
Keep the key away from the bike when not using the bike so it will not read the signal , and drain the key battery???
So I have read somewhere....
Worth a try...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had this happen a little while back. The battery was fine and had plenty of power, but the act of removing and replacing the battery seemed to jog the key back into life - it's been fine since.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
I had this happen a little while back. The battery was fine and had plenty of power, but the act of removing and replacing the battery seemed to jog the key back into life - it's been fine since.
A "REBOOT" sort of thing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts