Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, thinking about dipping into the Ducati world via purchase of a used Multistrada 1200S, specifically a 2013 or 2014. There appears to be a decent selection of relatively low milers in the marketplace (<10K miles). I have so much to learn about this brand and model, I would certainly appreciate a little initial guidance with respect to any immediate or known issues on these model years. Many thx, Flhfxd

·
Registered
174 Posts
Be aware of the 60 month interval replacement of the cam belts and 48 month coolant change regardless of mileage. So a low mileage bike will need belts at 60 months. My '13 is due now, even though at less than 10k miles. Got them ordered.
Cheers
Stevo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Be aware of the 60 month interval replacement of the cam belts and 48 month coolant change regardless of mileage. So a low mileage bike will need belts at 60 months. My '13 is due now, even though at less than 10k miles. Got them ordered.
Cheers
Stevo
Check - cam belts at 5 yrs. Are they reasonably accessible through engine side covers or does motor have to be loosened and dropped?
Check also - fuel sensor.
Great info, thx folks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts