Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm putting together a flyer for the club. Mainly to spread the word about to the club to those who are unaware (kinda like me, I stumbled across the site one night). It would be me pulling over every Ducati in North County and giving them a flyer (thats if they stop lol). Really I will stop by Donaldson, speaking with Val and the other guys if I can drop them off, I see flyers for rides and sorts on the side wall. Shouldn't be a problem. Just to spread our name around. and I hand out some to keep with your bikes.

As of now it more or less mirrors our website, so if anyone questions the art, yes i ripped it off the site.

I am looking for more ideas to put on it. I remember Ernie had a statement that its not just for Ducatis but other Itie bikes too. I would like to add what he put but I can't find it anywhere. Give me a post to see what you like to see added.

CopRob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Flyer !!!!

COP ROB-

STOP the Presses... WAIT UP.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and thoughtfulness.. BUT you just can't make up a flyer, etc. and go handing them out..

As a registered DOC, we need to follow a strict set of bylaws and rules set down by Ducati.
As President, I signed the paperwork stating that I am responsible that all bylaws are followed. SO> Please pass this by me and don't hand out anymore flyers, until I review and get them approved by DOC N.A.
2- As far as Donelson Cycles. I know Carl, Kathy and Val very well. I used to work for him.. I have spoken to them before and did not receive a warm welcome. I ask EVERYONE at this point, to not approach any dealers on your own. Things are being worked on by our Ducati Regional Sales Manager, at his level to get us support.

The very best thing is to get in contact with me: 1- make sure you are a registered member for 2009. 2- we need to meet to talk, so I can fill everyone in on what is going on and what needs to go on. We had a meeting scheduled at the Moto Museum, which turned out not being a meeting.
I'll send out an email to everyone, proposing an evening this month for us to meet at the Triumph Grill. It's imperative that anyone who wants to have input and be part of this club, be at the meeting so I can give you the DOC rules and get this club set-up correctly. I need a Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Road Safety Boss, etc.
Questions? Email [email protected]

Ernie-

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok no prob, I haven't done anything yet. Only made one up to get input, since there has not been any sort of communication other than us just going for rides.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The sooner the better for this meeting in my opinion. As far as handing out flyers to the general public, I recommend business cards with information referring them to the forums where they can introduce themselves, join rides, and eventually become club members. plus, business cards are easier to carry the folded up flyers. rob, thanks for getting the ideas going again. I saw your flyer and instantly opened up photoshop and started playing with some ideas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
On a club related note, I submitted the club join form on 7/25 and was wondering what happens next.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought business cards too. I was just an idea to inform people riding ducati's that there is a club in STL, and generally just pointing them to the clubs website. as i dont think i could near make traffic stops on all the ducs I see on the road. :D

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Good work and initiative, Rob. I like where you guys are going with this, and think its important to get the word out in print. Check out VistaPrint for free cards, too.

Let me know if I can add design input.

On a club related note, I submitted the club join form on 7/25 and was wondering what happens next.
The best things is to keep an eye out here for rides and meetings, or post your own ideas. I think the forum is the best place for club business these days. Did we trade emails earlier?

-Chris

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Chris, yeah we've traded emails, and I've responded to your latest. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts