Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

221 - 240 of 271 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Am not pointing any fingers, but some of you are starting to sound a lot like a bunch of curmudgeonly old men...

;)
The way you say that, it almost sounds like that could be considered an insult. Almost.

:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ohh Gaad… Looks like the same issue here as at Duc.org. I hadn't been on here in a while but was looking forward to new members having to introduce themselves - really cuts down on the scammers/spammers. So that's no longer required here? That really opens it up for the phoney profiles.

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
We have software that nukes the obvious ones, and the not-so-clear cut it reports them to the moderators to decide whether they're cool or not. We get several each day. Usually they're spammers but sometimes they're honest folk who are new and simply got caught in the web for some reason.
So you're going to get a lot less crap here than other sites cause the work is ongoing in the background. For all the changes people hate, this new software and Vertical Scope in general is really good.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ohh Gaad… Looks like the same issue here as at Duc.org. I hadn't been on here in a while but was looking forward to new members having to introduce themselves - really cuts down on the scammers/spammers. So that's no longer required here? That really opens it up for the phoney profiles.

Nah, it's pretty good to be fair, only see the occasional spammer slip through the net, but never for long.

·
Bon Vivant
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
We have software that nukes the obvious ones, and the not-so-clear cut it reports them to the moderators to decide whether they're cool or not. We get several each day. Usually they're spammers but sometimes they're honest folk who are new and simply got caught in the web for some reason.
So you're going to get a lot less crap here than other sites cause the work is ongoing in the background. For all the changes people hate, this new software and Vertical Scope in general is really good.
Chuck why has the change to Vertical Scope attracted so many new members? Are they marketing somewhere? Since the change the amount of new members has really increased. Actually, I welcome new people if they are genuinely here for the bikes and folks.

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
I don't really know the answer to that. I can only guess that because V.S. seems to own the vast majority of special interest forums, perhaps cross-forum advertising or promotion? Search engine popularity maybe?

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Oh. I wouldn’t know about that kind of stuff. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Don't tell me you still use Benadryl ? Rophynol works MUCH faster..... ;)

Reactions: DuckMan

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Am not pointing any fingers, but some of you are starting to sound a lot like a bunch of curmudgeonly old men...

View attachment 988622

;)
LOL, back in the late 90s when I started riding ducs and going to ducati rallies, almost always we'd talk about how old the BMW riders looked........................ HELL, now we look just as old!! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just looking around at the new posts. Definitely less crap than duc.org. Honestly always liked this Ducati site better. It was after the last upgrade that I couldn't surf it on my old iPad so the 'other' site got preference.

Reactions: scott

·
Registered
751 Posts
LOL, back in the late 90s when I started riding ducs and going to ducati rallies, almost always we'd talk about how old the BMW riders looked........................ HELL, now we look just as old!! :)
Yeah but the BMW riders were the same age as us, they just deliberately tried to look old and crusty.....

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Yeah but the BMW riders were the same age as us, they just deliberately tried to look old and crusty.....
Oh yea. I’ve learned when I’m on trips with my KTM the BMW riders will only talk to me at gas stops if I have a weeks worth of bugs on the bike and look and smell like I crashed in a hog slop.

It also keeps panhandlers at bay at gas stops in the southeast. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

221 - 240 of 271 Posts