Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,202 Posts
There's this new thing going on now. People are either working from home or aren't working at all because of a virus that's going around. Lots of people with more time to internet.

·
Bon Vivant
10,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's this new thing going on now. People are either working from home or aren't working at all because of a virus that's going around. Lots of people with more time to internet.
No this started immediately after the format change - there might be a few more because of the home time but this started way before all that.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Dunno, but they should learn manners... (yeah, i know don't say it....)

Simple manners like replying with thank you once members answer their questions, or maybe posting up if they find an answer to make the thread worthwhile for future questions on the same topic. To make the "search" function more relevant.

There are serial offenders and mostly noobs and i for one just ignore them if they can't have any courtesy....

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Well said y'all. Really grinds my gears when the first post they make is a sales ad. No introduction, no search used for answers and use the forum basically like google. Impersonal and really rude. I wonder if they belong to other forums or are just new to them. It also could be a different generational thing as well. I know I sound like an old bastard "Get off my lawn" but, I have several 20 somethings I work with and they are out for themselves. What can you do for me, then take advantage wherever they can. I'd like to know where their parents were to raise them this way. Anyhow I digress, I like seeing more membership but, at what cost to the forum remains to be seen.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I believe lots of noobs are long-time lurkers too intimidated to post something that would essentially Out em as Duc neophytes until that inevitable day they have to prostrate themselves before The List in order to avoid the shop repair bill they can't afford. Cut em some slack. We all had that first post.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
We all were noobs. Now when I joined I lurked for a llong time it took me a LONG time just to figure out how to join. , because of my lack of puter skills.
Now these kidshave no excuses.
I kinda like to hep a fella out.
I recall lots of posts from long time members rudely telling them to use the search features before asking questions.
Good Manners could be a thing of the past.
I'll guess the may be H.D. like bikers who are known for rudeness.
I'll bet they don't know how to set a proper table laying out utensils on thecorrect side of the plates .And don't lnow a salad fork from a dinner fork,or what a water glass is.
We should get a hold of Miss Manners perhaps she could be of help.

·
Registered
805 Posts
We all were noobs. Now when I joined I lurked for a llong time it took me a LONG time just to figure out how to join. , because of my lack of puter skills.
Now these kidshave no excuses.
I kinda like to hep a fella out.
I recall lots of posts from long time members rudely telling them to use the search features before asking questions.
Good Manners could be a thing of the past.
I'll guess the may be H.D. like bikers who are known for rudeness.
I'll bet they don't know how to set a proper table laying out utensils on thecorrect side of the plates .And don't lnow a salad fork from a dinner fork,or what a water glass is.
We should get a hold of Miss Manners perhaps she could be of help.
wait. there's two kinds of forks?

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Hell yeah one is shorter and one is pointer. Look it up and find out about napkins too and how they should be used proper on your lap or tucked under chin.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts