Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be changing out the bars to something more forward and lower - saw Ebrew's Protaper extended bars, which look great. Wondering if anyone has tried Flexx bars ? I believe they'd have enough control mounting length, maybe help with vibration for those who have too much ?

·
Registered
574 Posts
So I looked at my KTM

With the flexx bars on it ( great bars for the wood by the way). I think they might have the space on the bar for the right side controls but its close for sure. The shape of the flexx joint is kind of a big Assembly and the multi has a lot going on in that location, the hand guard/mirror/ Radial master cylinder configuration. I don't know if it will slide down that far without some Interference in that location. Again I'm just looking at both bars as I have them both here. As far as vibration I really don't think it will help as its not really a rubber mounted bar as the pivot is still a metal pivot. I start the 300 and you feel the bike vibrations for sure. The bars are great for the rocks and roots in the Y direction ( up and down) Just my thoughts. Also the flexx bars have a lot of "stuff" on them not sure if you would have and Clearance issues with the body work

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Falco send me a PM if your interested in going the ebrew modified protaper bars, I have a set I did not use...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the feedback and pics - i was going to put them on my KTM a few years ago as well, then i bought the Multi and haven't been in the woods much since. It does look like there too much going on that would interfere with the bodywork, feels like Protapers are going to be the way to go. thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts