Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a [email protected] jumped in & ordered the fatducs.

They arrived today & look the part, but do i now install them or leave it to see how it pans out.

My gut feeling is to leave them off & they will become more shite for my garage

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
Unless you feel the bottom end needs any more, I'd say talk to Jason at FatDuc.The plan for my bike was to reflash, and also leave the FatDuc on, if anything they could be turned all the way down. I'm thinking at the 13.5 position (12 oclock) it's still a bit rich as in the morning (air temp 67F) it seemed to run nicer. Later in the ride at it neared 90F, it threw a light.

I'm just damn glad I did not get any tickets yesterday. Trip up to NPR, not a car on the road and I had the whole road to myself, coming back, county and georgia state patrol had all these hiding places and it's difficult to maintain legal speeds on the bike without good concentration... I don't feel the speed after a while and it's even more deceptive with ear plugs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you are happy with the bike now, why risk ruining that by experimenting with Fatducs?

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
I have the feeling that with the fix, the ECU will still be operating within the guidelines of Euro3 tuning... if that's the case it will be easier to dial in the rest of the fuel needed to get things perfect. I'm on week 2.5 of the Manipulators, and the bike is not throwing codes now... I closed the bleeders to between 3/4 and 1 turn, or call it 7/8, and the throttle response has been good.

When I "finally" get the map done, Manipulators will probably stay in the bike, but be dialed back. Basically go through the tuning process one more time.

Last weekend I rode the demo S model with Termi's, and it was no way near as smooth as mine. Persistence does eventually pay off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts