1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps

Whilst my bike was going in for service i received an email this morning

Dear Mr Black,

With regards to the poor running at low rpm, please contact your dealer as there is a new map for the ECU which is now available which corrects the poor running at low rpm.

Yours sincerely

Steve Cox
After Sales Department

The program was duly downloaded by my dealer & banged into the ECU. The flat spot has now gone , so its back to how do you say "i dont want to ride too slow, I want to go fast" Ducati as my 999 & 749 did. No seriously its running ok now, they just dont like tootling along at low revs

The patch works chaps , get em booked in. :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yeah

Now if the damn east coast of the US would dry out we could start talking about tire replacement. I've got 1200 miles and my rear tire is more than half gone. Bridgestone B016 for us standard guys? You know there a little bigger around (might fix that speedo).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got piss wet this morning taking it 80 miles for the service, was fun spinning the rear up along the way tho :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
England

That's okay if your British, but I'm from the sunny garden state. No, I really hate washing my bikes. Third time for the SF already. The cow crossings around here are murder this year.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Blackie
thanks for the post mate... your onto it again ! .. I will be asking my dealer this morning if he has heard anything. Will post either way asap.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another note i can tell on tickover that its running richer i can smell the difference.
I wonder if they get them thro the emissions & then when we buy them they bang a richer map into it ?
It would,nt matter then would it ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You may be right, but it would be a legal risk for Ducati, as they have certified the bike as Euro 3 compliant. i would love to know what your new tailpipe emissions look like...
Good for you, though!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great news Dave :) Had a scary one last night when it surged as I went round a roundabout. Bike sat up and I looked like a nobtip :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer in NJ saying the same thing. DNA told them that they will be receiving an update to their diagnostic computer to update it to fix the poor low RPM performance and to bring the bike down at the beginning of the week.

Maybe our complaints were heard. Was a pretty quick fix. Hope it works.
Ken

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You wont be dissappointed Ken. Its a good mod, I am confused however as that they said the ECU could not be programmed , If thats the case then why cant we have a flash for slip on pipes.

Or would that make Ducatis profits drop because they dont need to supply an ecu with the termis

I SMELL A RAT................

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
I hope the cure is not the same for the SF as it was for Buell's 1125R. Those bikes lost about 5hp after the reflash but the low end fueling was improved. Would be interesting to have before and after dyno comparisons. My low end is not bothersome to me so I don't really want to risk the loss anywhere else.

Not trying to draw strong comparisons between buell and ducati but the problems were very similar but I think the issues with the buell were far more severe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You wont be dissappointed Ken. Its a good mod, I am confused however as that they said the ECU could not be programmed , If thats the case then why cant we have a flash for slip on pipes.

Or would that make Ducatis profits drop because they dont need to supply an ecu with the termis

I SMELL A RAT................
I have gotten flashes for pipes and cams for my Harley so I didn't believe that it couldn't be programmed. Rat or not rat, I like this smell. :)

I'm still getting the full Termi exhaust when it comes out anyway.
Ken

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
You can re-flash your own ECU with this:

ProTune ECU Remap Kit

Choose from a large variety of very good maps and re-flash it as many times as you want.

In a few weeks, we will be able to take in your ECU to re-flash it for you.

-M

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The Fix is official.
I saw the service notice myself at Ducati Seattle (these guys are on the case!) Contact your local dealer to get the new map installed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My dealer has no knowledge of it!! hmmm:mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picked up my bike few hours ago, already with new tune... Flat spot nowhere to be found, fueling is perfect.
Had to slow down and really search for it, usually I do not drop below 4k rpm.:D

·
Registered
465 Posts
I hope the cure is not the same for the SF as it was for Buell's 1125R. Those bikes lost about 5hp after the reflash but the low end fueling was improved. Would be interesting to have before and after dyno comparisons. My low end is not bothersome to me so I don't really want to risk the loss anywhere else.

Not trying to draw strong comparisons between buell and ducati but the problems were very similar but I think the issues with the buell were far more severe.
This sounds promising but I have questions. What happens now if you upgrade to the Termi slip ons? Will the ECU that comes with the Termi's have the old map in it? Can it be reflashed? What if you buy an exhaust other than Termi's that doesn't come with an ECU?

If they are reflashing, are they adjusting the fuel under 4k only? I dont think that this would cause a loss of power above 4k.

It seems like that if money is not a major issue the Full Termi sytem is still the best option, unless this reflash doesn't lose any power.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer in NJ saying the same thing. DNA told them that they will be receiving an update to their diagnostic computer to update it to fix the poor low RPM performance and to bring the bike down at the beginning of the week.

Maybe our complaints were heard. Was a pretty quick fix. Hope it works.
Ken
Name of your dealer please, so that I can have my dealer call them in case they don't believe that a fix is available...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts