Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else has issues with a flat spot in the powerband. I recently installed a Remus half system and a PC3. I loaded the PC3 map they had available for the Remus exhaust. Now when I am riding I notice a flat spot right around 3k where the bike just likes to stumble at part throttle. If I apply more throttle or cruise at a higher or lower rpm, the bike smooths out. Just trying to see if this sounds normal.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
riding around i keep the bike at 4,000 rpm or over.watercooled twins don't seem to run well below that performace wise

·
Registered
970 Posts
or instead of just accepting the way the bike runs with a canned map why not get a custom map done by a qualified tuner with a good dyno?? Just because an "available map" worked in one bike it doesn't mean it is going to work the same in another.. In some cases they may be rideable but I have no doubt they can be improved upon.
We have rarely seen a shared map from another bike that truly corrected all the fueling needs for the bike it was being used in.. If you are really going to do it right make sure and let them add the proper ports or "bungs" on your header pipes so they can tune each cylinder separately and build a custom dual map.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
+1

Custom maps are the way to go. Your tuner could create a map for your bike that would smooth out any coughing along your RPM scale.

Look for a dyno AND tuner in your area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was definitly planning on getting it tuned when time and money allow. I was just hoping to get by for the time being. I just looked again on the PC website and noticed that it said the map was for a Remus Slip-on. I'm wondering if this means just the mufflers or half system. Maybe I'll try a different map for a full exhaust until I can afford a tune.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
A map will help, particualry with that flat spot around 4-5K but unless you start playing with cams, this engine really doesn't make power below 4K with a map or really 5K stock. Rev the thing.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Been there!

I also have the Remus and the stock maps suck for this pipe. In fact, the standard map is better. I actually built my own map to get it to run decently. Just made a basic stepped map and use the buttons to tune. My dealer rode the bike and can't believe how close I came.

I am going to get a real dyno run here soon and get a better map. By the way, it only runs well with the db killers removed, very loud!

Mark

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you eyeball the dyno charts none of these motors make any real power below 3k.

None that I've seen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you eyeball the dyno charts none of these motors make any real power below 3k.

None that I've seen.
I dont usually ride below 3500 rpm, but it can be embarrasing when cruising through a parking lot and the bike begins to stumble and make strange noises. I guess I'll play with other maps until I can get it tuned. If anyone has a PC3 map for a remus half system they'd like to share, I'd be very appreciative. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another option: CO sensor

I had a similar problem with my bike, before & after the slip-on change.
The local dealer adjusted the CO sensor and the bike feels more alive than before, especially when pulling from low rpm.
Worth checking out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't think the 749s have a co sensor..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts