Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I noticed that the coolant hoses on my 916 bip 1996 are flat like they are under vacuum I removed the lid on the reservior, no vacuum there and coolant level is right. Why and what to do?
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
MIght be a bad hose. When the thickness of the hose gets to thin or starts to degrade, the hot coolant and pressure pushing it causes it to collapse.

Take the hose off and stick a finger inside to rub the inner wall. If your finger comes out all black with bits of rubber that look like sand, she's no good.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
The radiator cap is kind of a two way valve.It allows coolant to exit the rad. when the pressure exceeds its rating and flows to the overflow bottle.When the engine cools the coolant contracts and a vacuum is created in the system.If working properly the cap allows coolant to be sucked back out of the overflow.If the cap is faulty the vacuum will flatten the hoses.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The radiator cap is kind of a two way valve.It allows coolant to exit the rad. when the pressure exceeds its rating and flows to the overflow bottle.When the engine cools the coolant contracts and a vacuum is created in the system.If working properly the cap allows coolant to be sucked back out of the overflow.If the cap is faulty the vacuum will flatten the hoses.

Correct answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts