Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising along a straight section at 35mph and my check engine light and fuel warning light started flashing. The fuel level indicator was flashing with just a vertical line and no bars at all. I didn't even get a chance to notice the rest of the display to see what was what before it returned to normal. Kept driving as normal, no other symptoms. Was fine for the rest of the ride.

I haven't done any recent maintenance. Only other issue was that at the end of the ride once turned off there was a strong smell of raw gas, which has not happened before. No signs of fuel on the bike or the ground and a little less than half a tank, so no overflow, etc.

Anyone encountered similar?

TIA

·
Registered
47 Posts
The only time I've smelled gas was when I didn't close my gas cap all of the way.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only time I've smelled gas was when I didn't close my gas cap all of the way.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Thanks -yeah, I checked the cap first thing. Haven't filled it in a bit, though. Smelled like it was coming from lower down around the engine area. The smell went away after it sat for a while. I'll have wait and see if it happens again.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking the gas smell may have been due to how I shut the bike off as I was creeping up the driveway.

Still though, has anyone encountered check engine light, fuel warning light, and blank fuel level all flashing in unison?

Like I mentioned, there could have been other info on the dash, it just came and went so quick I may have missed it.

TIA

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hooked up Melcodiag and found the following under the DTC section:

1 Defaults recorded
0460 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction

I'm not familiar with the inner workings of Melcodiag --there's no date/time for the event, so I can only assume code is a result of the brief CEL and fuel warning lights flashing.

Has anyone encountered this error code before? I only found generic OBD info and nothing Ducati-specific.

I haven't had issues with the fuel gauge/level at all, so I'm wondering if it's a failure other than the common one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts