Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Power commander V, with auto tune and the LCD 200. The coolest thing about the LCD 200 is it can store upto 15 additional maps and you can in about 10 seconds load one to the pcv without ever hooking up a laptop. My pondering is, can I write a map that would run enough fuel to create a flame thrower, or better yet splatter burning droplets of gas on the hood of the assholes car that is behind me? I had two scenarios last summer where this would have been beyond nice, one a mustang tried to merge over me. After a healthy handful of throttle, I got in front of him and pointed to my viser, then held out the peace sign or "2" I repeated this 3x, the message I was trying to convey was "look twice" This resulted in him following me down the street burning his tires off surging up to with in inches of my back tire then dropping back to do it again, and again. Then after several blocks of this bull shit and as luck would have it right in front of the dealership I bought my bike from, I hit a red light and was forced to stop, he sat behind me chirping his tires and slowly creeping closer and closer to me, I finally said F-this guy locked my front brake put it in first and proceeded to cover the hood of his white mustang in rubber and blacktop, This guy was a big enough dick I hope I put rock through his radiator,oil cooler, etc. I left a pretty good cloud of smoke according to the parts guy at the dealership. When the light turned I grabbed second gear and was out like a missile, I B-lined it for the local aftermarket atv,dirtbike,motorcycle, shop where I'm pretty good friends with the staff and knew that if the dick followed me they would have my back. He didn't follow. After this I started riding with several big "nuts" 3/4 inch + and when the second ass hat at the end of the summer decided to follow me yelling out his window and accelerating right up to with in inches of my rear tire and then backing off only to do it again, after a half a dozen or so of the rage accelerations I pulled out two of the nuts and tossed em over my shoulder, I watched in mirror as they bounced off the black top one went right into his windshield and fractured it, the other bounced under the car. He dropped back immediately. I then sweated every ride for the next two weeks wondering if he had got my plate # and If I was gonna get pulled over for this. In both incidents I sat at a red light wondering If the dick behind me was going to run me over. Both times I would have had more than enough time to select load and use the map. My thought is if this would be possible you could do it with way less attention and wear and tear than burning the tire off, or leaving debri on the road to be a danger to other motorists, when the light turns green You flip the dual map switch to the other map or auto tune in my case and rip away. If a cop saw you or you were reported to them you could claim the tuner went haywire and you were just super glad you happened to be at a stop and not rolling down the road when it did. and that your going to try and figure out what happened as soon as you get home. Any thoughts on this? Is it possible? If you were at an intersection and the bike you were being a dick to started spewing black "rich" smelling exhaust and still burning fuel onto your car would you back off or think twice about continuing endevor? In the end I'm not super worried about a physical confrontation, I live in a right to carry state and exercise my right with a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 Acp that I practice with alot. But I don't want to ever even draw my Kimber let alone have to use it. I will if it comes down to me or them but thats a whole different scenerio. I'm worried about the legal repercussions if a cop saw me chuck a nut over my shoulder, or the ticket for display of power from burning a tire off in an intersection.

·
Registered
607 Posts
dude. paragraphs.

....and you may want to talk to someone about your anger management problem (therapist).

In all seriousness though, the only time I remotely became that angry while riding was when i was in a wheelie and an ass-hat purposefully swerved into my lane (oncoming) to try and scare me/ make me crash. I saw the expression on his face and it was deliberate. I was on my way to ride twisties and didn't turn around to chase him down in time. Probably a good thing.

Also, porcelain shatters tempered glass instantly. Just take a hammer to old spark plugs and keep a handful of the porcelain chips handy.

·
Registered
587 Posts

never leave home with out em :D
balls made of steel ,but don't kick me in the nuts

·
Registered
307 Posts
dude. paragraphs.

....and you may want to talk to someone about your anger management problem (therapist).

In all seriousness though, the only time I remotely became that angry while riding was when i was in a wheelie and an ass-hat purposefully swerved into my lane (oncoming) to try and scare me/ make me crash. I saw the expression on his face and it was deliberate. I was on my way to ride twisties and didn't turn around to chase him down in time. Probably a good thing.

Also, porcelain shatters tempered glass instantly. Just take a hammer to old spark plugs and keep a handful of the porcelain chips handy.
Only a sissy Nancy Boy carries a gun on a motorcyle. Christ the BIKE is a weopon. If you can't get away from a freaking car with a Hypermotard...maybe you're in the wrong sport.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only a sissy Nancy Boy carries a gun on a motorcyle. Christ the BIKE is a weopon. If you can't get away from a freaking car with a Hypermotard...maybe you're in the wrong sport.
This sissy nancy boy carries a gun 24/7 on the bike, in the truck, on foot, in the canoe, in church. You obviously don't live where the wildlife exist everywhere and more than half the wildlife can kill you quickly. Then theres the other reason, there are four reasons people live in alaska, 1- Born/raised here, 2-Money, 3-Millitary, 4-hiding from their past in the rest of the united states. Most of the time it's an ugly past and the man is looking for them. I've lived here since I was eight, my wife since she was six, our parents moved here in search of money. They found it, mine with the oil companies, hers with the rail road. I love it here, but there are a lot of crazies, and outside the big city there is almost no law enforcement, it is the Wild West! hundreds of people go missing here every year, they just vanish! (not really aliens abduct them, or they get caught stealing from #4 mentioned above and get fed to the wolfs, or tossed in a river) 70% of the population carry a gun on a regular basis. I just carry mine more regular, and beleive gun control is hitting your target. If you were to see me in the super market you would never know I'm carrying and I won't show you unless you put me or my family in eminent danger, then I WILL win!! and I'll pay out for a lawyer if needed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude. paragraphs.

I have no anger management problem, I was not angry at all! I was at peace with the world! Hell man I was on my hyper, how could I be angry? then a mustang tried to merge over me, even then I did not flip him off, swear at him etc. I merely suggested through hand signs that he look twice. He became angry and was threatening me with his auto, sure I might be able to twist the throttle and leave him in the dust if traffic permitted but I try to ride legal and cautiously. He was being the angry one. I kept my cool for several blocks of this dip shit's shinanigans befor at the red light I decided he wasn't going to stop his shit unless I did something. So I did! The second guy I don't even know what I did to piss him off, I just ended up being the vent for his road rage, and it cost him a windsheild, and me some stress. If I had anger mgt. issues I would have pulled off the road and put two corbon +p flying ash trays into his car at 950 ft per second, but that is not being a responsible gun owner now is it? I have no anger or built up tension, my wife,hyper,wheeler,dirtbike,and snowmachine, all help me stay anger free. Not to mention the couple hundred rounds I send down range every couple of weekends to make sure that if I do ever have to pull out my Kimber I will win. As for paragraphs, I was educated in the Alaska school system, whats a paragraph?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have no anger management problem, I was not angry at all! I was at peace with the world! Hell man I was on my hyper, how could I be angry? then a mustang tried to merge over me, even then I did not flip him off, swear at him etc. I merely suggested through hand signs that he look twice. He became angry and was threatening me with his auto, sure I might be able to twist the throttle and leave him in the dust if traffic permitted but I try to ride legal and cautiously. He was being the angry one. I kept my cool for several blocks of this dip shit's shinanigans befor at the red light I decided he wasn't going to stop his shit unless I did something. So I did! The second guy I don't even know what I did to piss him off, I just ended up being the vent for his road rage, and it cost him a windsheild, and me some stress. If I had anger mgt. issues I would have pulled off the road and put two corbon +p flying ash trays into his car at 950 ft per second, but that is not being a responsible gun owner now is it? I have no anger or built up tension, my wife,hyper,wheeler,dirtbike,and snowmachine, all help me stay anger free. Not to mention the couple hundred rounds I send down range every couple of weekends to make sure that if I do ever have to pull out my Kimber I will win. As for paragraphs, I was educated in the Alaska school system, whats a paragraph?
I like your style, friend request sent ! My 357 King Cobra adds too much weight to me and my bike (so I carry my 9) .Only kidding I have no carry permit,but do frequent the range also.Good clean American fun.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This sissy nancy boy carries a gun 24/7 on the bike, in the truck, on foot, in the canoe, in church. You obviously don't live where the wildlife exist everywhere and more than half the wildlife can kill you quickly. Then theres the other reason, there are four reasons people live in alaska, 1- Born/raised here, 2-Money, 3-Millitary, 4-hiding from their past in the rest of the united states. Most of the time it's an ugly past and the man is looking for them. I've lived here since I was eight, my wife since she was six, our parents moved here in search of money. They found it, mine with the oil companies, hers with the rail road. I love it here, but there are a lot of crazies, and outside the big city there is almost no law enforcement, it is the Wild West! hundreds of people go missing here every year, they just vanish! (not really aliens abduct them, or they get caught stealing from #4 mentioned above and get fed to the wolfs, or tossed in a river) 70% of the population carry a gun on a regular basis. I just carry mine more regular, and beleive gun control is hitting your target. If you were to see me in the super market you would never know I'm carrying and I won't show you unless you put me or my family in eminent danger, then I WILL win!! and I'll pay out for a lawyer if needed.
+1 on that statement always carry!..and no telling what animals u might run into up in alaska while your taking a break in wooded area!lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
HA HA....i live 12 miles south of the hood in Atlanta. You really think your life is in danger?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I rode through the inner city/hood of Cincinnati last Friday afternoon. I'm sure I was one of the only folks not packing. If anyone is interested in where to buy meth, a pair of chucks, piece of ass or get jacked in Cincinnati, I've got the route in my Garmin and would gladly forward it. I have a Glock 27 that I generally take on the bike, but for some reason I elected not to. I survived the ride, but don't think I wasn't scouting the sidewalk and side streets while being mindful not to get boxed by the vehicles around me. A buddy of mine got boxed by two cars and had to ram his way out of the situation. He finally stepped from his truck and started shooting. He said you should have seen when I started shooting into the car in front of me, they all ran like babies. I am truly blessed not to live in such an environment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like your way of thinking!! I find nothing wrong with letting an asshat douche bag know when they are being an asshat douche bag. I also take exception to the type of "behavior" you explained, and it happens all too often.

As for the flamethrower, it will work, but you need some type of ignitor. Some old hot rod guys (who thought it was cool or something) used to put a spark plug through the side of the exhaust pipe, and fire it with a separate coil from a dash switch. I think if you did some digging though, you might be able to find a piezo(sp?) ignition that would work!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Need to get out of Anchorage Bro. haha I have my wife drive the truck down there...after taking a total t-bone in my 4-runner. Worse drivers on earth! i'd take LA over Anchorage driving anyday.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
HA HA....i live 12 miles south of the hood in Atlanta. You really think your life is in danger?
I know my life is in danger people die here from the elements and weather alone every year. Then theres the fact that I live in the hood in Anchorage, East Side! not as hard as the hood in the Atl. but there are still muggings, robberies, rapes, drug dealers and users and petty crime. Plus we're on the edge of town so you run the risk of being trampled by a cracked out moose or eaten by a blunted bear. I simply am not going to take the risk of being forth meal for bear who ate a stoner as his third meal. Or as being an easy come up for a crack head down on his luck. If I lived where you do I would carry there too. Even if I had to do so Illegally. I believe that an armed society is a polite society. So I'm doing my part. My and my familys safty are my primary reason, in 15 years of carrying a concealed firearm I have never had to draw it except for practice, and I pray that the next 60 years will go the same but being an eagle scout I am prepaired! and practiced. And if my or my familys lifes are put in danger I will be empowered to fix that. You can think what you want your opinions are yours to have. I hope that every one in the world has a safe a crime free life and never needs the help of a firearm, but I know thats not how it works, so I prepair myself for the worst and hope for the best. Kinda like why I ride in Kevlar pants and jacket and wear a helmet. I hope not to crash, but if it happens I stand a better chance of surviving it. You can ride naked if you like thats your choice to make and I won't say a word about it, I was taught to worry about me and mine and let you worry about you and yours. And yes even in my own home I have .45 acp on me ready to be used if needed. and in a constant hope that it won't!

Aloha - I'm working on it but since I work for the muni. I'll still have to deal with the idiot drivers in this town! I'm still trying to figure out where all the people here bought their licenses from. I had to pass a test for mine, one that taught me the basics of driving an automobile and parents who taught me how to be a courteous driver. wish I could've just bought it like the rest of the town would've been alot easier! :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know my life is in danger people die here from the elements and weather alone every year. Then theres the fact that I live in the hood in Anchorage, East Side! not as hard as the hood in the Atl. but there are still muggings, robberies, rapes, drug dealers and users and petty crime. Plus we're on the edge of town so you run the risk of being trampled by a cracked out moose or eaten by a blunted bear. I simply am not going to take the risk of being forth meal for bear who ate a stoner as his third meal. Or as being an easy come up for a crack head down on his luck. If I lived where you do I would carry there too. Even if I had to do so Illegally. I believe that an armed society is a polite society. So I'm doing my part. My and my familys safty are my primary reason, in 15 years of carrying a concealed firearm I have never had to draw it except for practice, and I pray that the next 60 years will go the same but being an eagle scout I am prepaired! and practiced. And if my or my familys lifes are put in danger I will be empowered to fix that. You can think what you want your opinions are yours to have. I hope that every one in the world has a safe a crime free life and never needs the help of a firearm, but I know thats not how it works, so I prepair myself for the worst and hope for the best. Kinda like why I ride in Kevlar pants and jacket and wear a helmet. I hope not to crash, but if it happens I stand a better chance of surviving it. You can ride naked if you like thats your choice to make and I won't say a word about it, I was taught to worry about me and mine and let you worry about you and yours. And yes even in my own home I have .45 acp on me ready to be used if needed. and in a constant hope that it won't!

I kinda hate explaining this to you...but carrying a gun on a bike will not protect you in any kind of a situation. As soon as you pull that gun in some kind of a road rage fiasco...YOU are at fault. YOU go to jail...not the other guy. And what makes you think that when you do piss somebody in a car off....do you really think he will give you enough time to stop the bike...turn off the key...put the kickstand down....and dig that gun out of your pocket so you can shoot him? Please...gimmie a break. NO road rage incident would be justified to pull a gun on somebody. Even if he tries to run you over with his car...you can't shoot a person for that. Sorry but you havn't thought this through at all. Carrying metal to throw through windsheilds.....wanting a flamethrower to scare people with? Sounds like to me like a girl not a man.

The way you posted about the two incidents makes it sound like you take these things personal and will never be happy unless you get revenge. Road rage is not personal UNTIL you engage the other driver. You could just drive off. You could just speed to get away. You can drive to the police station. But you? Oh no,.,,,,you want revenge. I kindly suggest you take some personal self defense classes if you are scared all the time. Forget about nuts and bolts....and flame throwers. Defending your home and family is fine. I do the same. But carrying a gun on a bike is useless.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
its the wild west here in az..you try to bike jack me..u get shot!..PERIOD..by the time they find you in the canyons where i ride the bears,coyotes,mtn lions,will take your remains...lol:D

·
Registered
307 Posts
its the wild west here in az..you try to bike jack me..u get shot!..PERIOD..by the time they find you in the canyons where i ride the bears,coyotes,mtn lions,will take your remains...lol:D
Yes there have been a shit ton of bike jackings in the canyons of Arizona. It's on the news all the time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
757 Posts
WTF and i thought it's safe in the States... sounds like a zoo to me. Is everyone allowed to carry firearms over there? No wonder it's safer in Canada! :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Get another coil and a sparkplug w a toggle switch in ur exhaust can. While driving periodically turn the ignition key off for a second so some unburnt air/fuel mixture gets thru the motor. Then flick the toggle and a burst of flame shoots out the exhaust:) probably most impressive at night:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I kinda hate explaining this to you...but carrying a gun on a bike will not protect you in any kind of a situation. As soon as you pull that gun in some kind of a road rage fiasco...YOU are at fault. YOU go to jail...not the other guy. And what makes you think that when you do piss somebody in a car off....do you really think he will give you enough time to stop the bike...turn off the key...put the kickstand down....and dig that gun out of your pocket so you can shoot him? Please...gimmie a break. NO road rage incident would be justified to pull a gun on somebody. Even if he tries to run you over with his car...you can't shoot a person for that. Sorry but you havn't thought this through at all. Carrying metal to throw through windsheilds.....wanting a flamethrower to scare people with? Sounds like to me like a girl not a man.

The way you posted about the two incidents makes it sound like you take these things personal and will never be happy unless you get revenge. Road rage is not personal UNTIL you engage the other driver. You could just drive off. You could just speed to get away. You can drive to the police station. But you? Oh no,.,,,,you want revenge. I kindly suggest you take some personal self defense classes if you are scared all the time. Forget about nuts and bolts....and flame throwers. Defending your home and family is fine. I do the same. But carrying a gun on a bike is useless.
I'm pretty sure I could crack a shot off with out stopping ,I was joking around, but you sir should try watching Alaska State Troopers on TV , until you experience it in person, you should not judge. I don't carry ball bearings with me or ever will. But if a someone chooses to use a car as a weapon against me I will do what ever I have to do to survive and rectify the situation .
Hell I'll fight anyone with my helmet on ,I don't even think I could split a knuckle with my gloves on.
Oh here is one more thing for you I'm 53 years old and left a 29 year oldish Tae Kwon Do instructor laying on the floor in a night club recently .So much for self defense ,I haven't had a fight since High School(and am not in world class shape) either , BUT I WON'T BE WALKED ON !
There are plenty of A holes out there and always will be its just that some of them need a smack down some times .Keeps em in line :D

Bob out

·
Registered
14 Posts
AMEN. For the most part, bikes are good clean fun. BUT, you will have a hard time using a bike to protect yourself and your family. I also enjoy the shooting sports. In fact so much, I have an FFL and sell for the fun of it. It is not my day job. It just supports my other hobbie.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts