Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am not familiar with the ST3 but a yellowbox or spedohealer will only work on motorcycles that have a sensor to calculate speed vice the rotation of the front tire.
For example, a Yamaha uses a sensor to measure the rotation of the drive portion of the tranny (the part that rotates once the clutch in engaged). The GSXR's uses a sensor to measure front sprocket rotation.
My 998 has that cable on the front tire so I am SOL...

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
Might fix the speedo (inductive pickup for the speed is from the rear wheel), but I've found the ODO is correct, not the speed.

Let us know.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I recently added a Speedohealer to my ST3 to fix the inaccurate speedometer.

I checked my linearity using the built in signal generator on the Speedohealer and it check out to be perfectly linear. This is good since the speedohealer provides a +/- % adjustment across the speed range.

On my ST3, indicated speed was 64mph at an actual 60mph. After dialing in the correction into the Speedohealer and rechecking speedometer, the indicated speed now matched actual perfectly.

A couple installation notes:
- the speedometer pickup uses 5v, and the Speedohealer needs 12v - don't ask how I know :)
- You can tie into 12V from the rear brake switch, and the speedometer pickup all near the rear brake master cylinder for a clean install
- The Speedohealer fits nicely inside the right side plastic cover near the seat.

I can highly recommended the Speedohealer

·
Registered
299 Posts
I installed the SpeedoHealer on my ST4S. Speedo is now perfect... but the ODO reads low. I'm happy enough with the tradeoff.

Install was easy enough. I just had to follow the instructions for Aprilia, as Duc wasn't listed for instructions.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.