Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking a for some time now for a 5 spoke carbon fiber clutch cover (dry) but haven't found anyone that makes one. I love the look of the speedy moto 5 spoke cover and would like to find a carbon fiber equivalent. My bike is a 2006 Monster S4R that I’ve done completely in carbon fiber (just love the look of it in this bike) and want to replace my solid carbon fiber clutch cover with a vented style to show off the clutch a little more. I know there are many vented carbon fiber clutch covers out there but I would really like to find a 5 spoke to match my rims. If anyone knows where I can find a clutch cover like this I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Hope you never drop the bike on that side or low side it, that cover will do nothing to protect your clutch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I tried to buy one several times from several different ducati sources. They were always sold out, always on back order and, I finally accepted the speedy moto metal version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to buy one several times from several different ducati sources. They were always sold out, always on back order and, I finally accepted the speedy moto metal version.
sigh... It's such a popular design I'm just supprised there aren't any out there.

Thanks for the help, mybe I'll get a 5 spoke powder coated white to match the rims. Or go with one of the many other CF covers out there.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I think everyone here already knows that an open CF clutch cover is bling only.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If I were you I'd just take a hacksaw to my cf cover, I know I've read posts about it. The posts may be on the monster forum though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope you never drop the bike on that side or low side it, that cover will do nothing to protect your clutch.
Cobra I didn't reply to your post (at first) because it wasn't helpful. I hope everyone knows by know that a CF clutch cover is all for show, well mostly. I don't want to come across like a dick but we all make choices on accessories for our bikes you might not like mine and I might not like yours but that's what makes customizing them so much fun.

And hell if for some awful reason I drop my bike and bang up the clutch well that's what insurance is for, the stupid things in life.

But Cobra thank you for looking out for me and like I said before please don't take this as me being mean, good looking out. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Hey, no problem Ryan. I mean, I don't think everyone knows that a CF Clutch Cover (despite what Elk thinks) isn't protective. I don't assume anything anymore, judging by the posts that are here everyday. But no problem, man. Good luck. :)

Cobra I didn't reply to your post (at first) because it wasn't helpful. I hope everyone knows by know that a CF clutch cover is all for show, well mostly. I don't want to come across like a dick but we all make choices on accessories for our bikes you might not like mine and I might not like yours but that's what makes customizing them so much fun.

And hell if for some awful reason I drop my bike and bang up the clutch well that's what insurance is for, the stupid things in life.

But Cobra thank you for looking out for me and like I said before please don't take this as me being mean, good looking out. ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Perhaps you could bond a thin layer of CF to the outside of a SpeedyMoto 5-spoke aluminium clutch cover...?

That way you'd get both looks and function/protection :)

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Perhaps you could bond a thin layer of CF to the outside of a SpeedyMoto 5-spoke aluminium clutch cover...?

That way you'd get both looks and function/protection :)
you know I was thinking about doing just that, my only hold up is I don't want it to look half-ass. :think:

I think I'll going to research this a little more and see what I can find out there. You got to love the internet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts