Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got my hands on a license plate bracket/mudguard off of a PS. I've been looking for a smaller tail on my GT for a while and before I buy the chop kit I thought I would give this a try. However, two issues.

The bracket does not have the same matching screw head as my GT bracket, when trying to mount the tail lights. See the first three pictures for a reference. Does anyone have a recommendations? This seems like a pretty important bolt in terms of making the tail light stable...

The second problem, the owner I bought the bike from broke one of the turn signal stalks. It's been taped but while I have it apart I would like to fix it. Is it possible to just replace the broken segment of the signal stalk rather than paying for an entirely new indicator (see pics)? Or, does someone have a spare one laying around?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
The tail light for the S1K & PS uses a rubber fitting to connect to the bracket rather than bolting on directly.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The bracket fits all SCs. The open hole should have a thread sert fitting that the tail light screw bolts in to. They strip very easily, especially if used with LocTite. Find a machinist who can install a new thread sert with the right size metric sleeve and your GTG. BTW, a thread sert is like a threaded rivet,

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts