Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone fitted a carbon swing arm cover? If so some advice would be handy it seems silicone is the way forward but not sure if I should be using a particular sort etc so any feed back/advice would be great!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Got one on mine Dave . Had to file one of the areas near the top hugger bolt , apart from that easy enough. Its a bit flimsy & when i get time i,m going to fix it with sikaflex, Do you want me to email you some pics. BTW i still have your peg extenders in the garage i found them the other day. sorry

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got one on mine Dave . Had to file one of the areas near the top hugger bolt , apart from that easy enough. Its a bit flimsy & when i get time i,m going to fix it with sikaflex, Do you want me to email you some pics. BTW i still have your peg extenders in the garage i found them the other day. sorry
Hi mate, what have you used at the moment? I don't want to shag the black finish on the swing arm in case the cover comes off later!
Is sikaflex a sealant/ adhesive?
Moto have used double sided sticky foam pads but I wonder about crap getting in between the cover and swing arm and rubbing on the paint.
If it's ok Dave you can stick the spacers on flea bay, I brought some different (longer) foot pegs.
cheers!!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Ok mate i,ll stick em in the classifieds on here unless maddot wants em..

At the mo i have only clipped it on with the tags on the thing itself. It does look like it may fly off but i have ragged the crap out of it everywhere & its not come off yet :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts