Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im considering the purchase of a Ventura Rack system for my 2006 Mono fitted with Zards. Looking at my bike and the photos on the Ventura site it looks like a tight fit. Anyone with any experience?

·
svc.bmh.mc
191 Posts
I obviously do not have a 2006 Mono with Zards, so my reply may not have value.

That said, I installed a Ventura setup on my 2007 GT1000 that is compatible with the Ducati panniers and related mounting rack. I have attached pictures here so you could view how it all fits together.

Apologies if I'm way off, but I figured it couldn't hurt to show. I have a large pack and the sport pack, which can be used separately or in tandem.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Telekon. Your first photo showing the cross piece was helpful. Do you know what the diameter of it is? How far below the seat it is? I have limited clearance between the seat and the top pipe.

·
svc.bmh.mc
191 Posts
Apologies for my delayed reply -- I've been traveling.

My bikes are currently "bundled up" for the Minnesota winter, but I'll look into it this weekend and see if I can answer your questions.

·
svc.bmh.mc
191 Posts
Hopefully these pictures help answer your questions.

The cross piece is approximately 1/2" in diameter, and on my bike the upper-most part is 3/8" from the outer/lower edges of the fender.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions, or for insight on the Ventura system.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

The Ventura Rack does fit. Thanks to the Ventura people who promised I could return it if it didn't fit. In addition I also have the Palatov tail tidy. It works with that also.

Just thought I'd post for future searchers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Ventura Rack does fit. Thanks to the Ventura people who promised I could return it if it didn't fit. In addition I also have the Palatov tail tidy. It works with that also.

Just thought I'd post for future searchers.
take some pictures!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I obviously do not have a 2006 Mono with Zards, so my reply may not have value.

That said, I installed a Ventura setup on my 2007 GT1000 that is compatible with the Ducati panniers and related mounting rack. I have attached pictures here so you could view how it all fits together.

Apologies if I'm way off, but I figured it couldn't hurt to show. I have a large pack and the sport pack, which can be used separately or in tandem.
Awesome setup - I had a Ventura setup on my monster - it was ugly as sin, but it turned the anemic bike into a psuedo-tourer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts