Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i would really want to put the 848-1098 dash on my sport classic.

I can disable the immobilizer and do all that needed in the ecu without any probs.

I have looked into putting the wireharness of the 848-1098 on the bike since that would be pretty easy to do. the connections on the engine are all the same. but the 848-1098 harness doesnt match up on the bike since the ecu, battery are located diffrent. And then just running a 848-1098 reflash and adding my map into it. this would be kick ass if the harness would have lined up.

Now im hoping and pretty much sure that this wont work, but is it possible to run the sport classic harness and using the 848-1098 dash and doing the reflash och the ecu with 848-1098 map and then my engine map in there?
question is pretty much, are the wires the same or is the wireing totaly diffrent.

Somebody metioned that the plus and negative poles are switched etc.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Do you have the wiring diagram for the 848/1098? If so can you send it to me, or a link to it.

Also, which ECU does the 848/1098 use?

I have a pretty good understanding of the electrics on our bikes now (see my "Frontal Lobotomy" post), so I can try and have look at look at how compatible the dash would be.

Rob

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
OK, found the wiring diagram. Both dashboards use a 26 pin connector, and they look to be the same for both bikes.

When I get back in the office, I'll print it out on A3 paper, and I'll check the connections to see if they match up.

Rob

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Sorry Lechef, it doesn't even come close to plugging into our bikes :(

Have you had a look at the Tanslogic MicroDash:

Unfortunately I can't find a manual for it, but we could include it in the "frontal Lobotomy" project if you are interested.

Cheers

Rob

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I was wondering the same question.

As for the Tanslogic, I just looked at the site and it says it fits Non-Canbus Ducati. I think that means its not compatible with Sport Classics.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I was wondering the same question.

As for the Tanslogic, I just looked at the site and it says it fits Non-Canbus Ducati. I think that means its not compatible with Sport Classics.
Have a look at this discussion:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/134558-frontal-lobotomy-k-installing-motogadget-dashboard.html

If you can get the manual for the Translogic dash, I think I can interface to it. (I have been unsuccessful in finding a manual for the Translogic dash :( )

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts