Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A small trimming, sanding and a steady hand is required but the mounting holes lines up perfect. Not for the weak of heart because if you mess up, say goodbye to your $250.

I still need to sand and clean up the trimmed area but overall, looks good and offers a much better protection from road debris etc.

Went from Motowheels short rear hugger (for sale)

Shifttech medium rear hugger

·
Registered
465 Posts
A small trimming, sanding and a steady hand is required but the mounting holes lines up perfect. Not for the weak of heart because if you mess up, say goodbye to your $250.

I still need to sand and clean up the trimmed area but overall, looks good and offers a much better protection from road debris etc.

Went from Motowheels short rear hugger (for sale)

Shifttech medium rear hugger

What do you want for the old one?

·
Registered
206 Posts
When you say "better protection" you mean than the MW short hugger right? Because the c/f hugger looks smaller than the stock one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just took the stock ugly plastic one off completely. I think it looks pretty cool like that, and I got rid of the cable for the exhaust valve. That rear end is starting to get pretty naked. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you say "better protection" you mean than the MW short hugger right? Because the c/f hugger looks smaller than the stock one.
That is correct. I like the MW version because of the minimalist look but not enough to prevent the shocks/springs from road debris.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
The SF huggers are ready now, same look as the 1098 version just
with the front section changed to fit the SF swingarm, no mods needed and
bolts are included.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The SF huggers are ready now, same look as the 1098 version just
with the front section changed to fit the SF swingarm, no mods needed and
bolts are included.
Yes, I have to say it's quite a nice piece

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just mounted mine that I got from Santa. Looks good! He left the invoice in the box and it looks like Santa got the 10% discount and Free Shipping from SHIFT-TECH. Must be he is a member here! Anything to save a buck! I asked for a new exhaust too but didn't get that and I thought I was good this year too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts