Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those pictures from the first week out of the shop .

Already done :
Rizoma: Bars, Turn light , Grip , Foot pegs , Fluid tank , Mirror
Break - clutch levers ,Fuel Cap

Others : Radiator grill guard high -low, Slider (Fr , Rr , Frame) , water pump protector ,

Carbon : Air ducts , Rear fender , Seat Cover Passenger .

On the way :

Alphadog stainless ( Ceramic coated Black)
Carbon belt cover
Rental 14 teeth
Samco Water liquid system

Will post new pictures when done .

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I see a windscreen, who makes that one?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
That's the official Ducati DP item. Only problem is that you have to almost completely disassemble the headlight pod to install the mounting bracket.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ttpete, did you get that windscreen right from the start or ride your bike for a while without one to have a good comparison?

In other words did it make much difference and would you have made the choice again to install one given the chance?

Bike looks good btw!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot that screen , original Ducati part catalog as mention by Ducduk.

That screen make a difference for my height ( 175cm) , also improve visibility of the speed Tachometer in full sunny day , very nice finish for this part , fit very well .

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Your bike looks good. I did notice something. You're using a guard on the clutch side and a mirror on the front brake side. If you're trying to do this Moto GP style they run a guard on the front brake only. It's to prevent the brake from being applied by air at high speeds. So technically you have it backwards. Unless you like the guard on the clutch for some reason. The clutch wont be pressed by air at high speeds in Moto GP so they don't use a guard on the clutch from the bikes I've observed. I just thought I would mention this.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Your bike looks good. I did notice something. You're using a guard on the clutch side and a mirror on the front brake side. If you're trying to do this Moto GP style they run a guard on the front brake only. It's to prevent the brake from being applied by air at high speeds. So technically you have it backwards. Unless you like the guard on the clutch for some reason. The clutch wont be pressed by air at high speeds in Moto GP so they don't use a guard on the clutch from the bikes I've observed. I just thought I would mention this.

I don't think he has to worry about either lever being pushed by the wind.

Hey, you forgot to mention your flaming hoses!

·
Registered
605 Posts

the guards were made mandatory as a safety measure to prevent incidents like the pileup with Gibernau/Capirossi/Melandri a few years ago...

·
Registered
3,369 Posts

Ya. I don't think he has to worry about the air ever applying the brake lever. I guess I should of stated that earlier. I just thought he was trying to replicate a Moto GP bike. Does anyone know why you would want a guard on the clutch like the OP currently has his set up?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't think it's the wind that MotoGP riders are concerned about. It's being in heavy traffic with someones elbow, or else touching the brake lever. This phenomena happens in road racing sort of often. Often enough that they aren't the only ones doing it.

One of my favorite local old time racers told me a story of one time when he was in a warm up lap, and someone came upon him from behind and an elbow hit his break lever. The bike ended up doing an endo for a bit when he looked over to the dummy that hit the lever, and shook his head at him for making such a dumb move.
It's to protect the brake lever from being accidentally actuated in close quarter road racing. I don't think it's for wind protection. Never heard the wind protection thing before.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I see. Good information. Thank you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ha.. I've never heard of that "elbow hitting endo" before, but interesting story!

The brake/clutch lever guards are in case you drop the bike, because those ALWAYS bend or brake off.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The brake/clutch lever guards are in case you drop the bike, because those ALWAYS bend or brake off.
You're wrong. That is not the reason these were invented.

DION DEVICE - Home

When I say my old racing buddy told me this story, I don't think he was lying to me. He's got more trophies in one room, than I have ever seen any one person have ever. Ever.

If he tells me he endo'd on a race because someone hit his brake lever, I'm pretty positive it happened just as he said it did.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Pro Brake Lever Guard by GPtech - Motorcycle Brake Lever Guard

GP Tech Lever Protector

This part is designed to protect the brake lever ball end from contact with other riders.

We offer production parts for the XR now. Universal models that fit 7/8 bar with radial type master cylinder.

Model designs are done for most aftermarket master cylinders (Accossato, AP, Brembo, Berringer, etc) .

And a couple more articles:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=44521

http://www.trackdaymag.com/techinspection/325-woodcraft-hand-guards.html

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Actually , I use this Guard because traffic is very tricky in Thailand , hit mirror from car time to time ,I do not pretend have the same use as MOTO GP, I must say that I do like the look of it as well , that personal .
Thank you for your comment.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Yes your right (custom order), those are on installation at the moment at the same time that the Alphadog exhaust , looking forward to see it finish , Many emails and 3 months waiting for get those part over in Thailand .

1 - 20 of 91 Posts