Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and it was awesome. I have no desire to do anything else in life but ride my motorcycle on a racetrack.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Addictive isn't it!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think adictive is an understatement. I now have an understanding of the people that throw their lives away for meth or crack, and there is no way that either of those is as fun as bending it into turn one at Pacific Raceways at a buck twenty (the fast guys come through at about 160, 6-12 inches from the wall). I think crack is probably a cheaper vice too. Pictures are coming (waiting for the photog to upload), I had a video but need to figure out the damn gopro better. The file somehow got corrupted and I found out this morning that it was rejected by youtube for being too long. Bummer. I should have jumped on that contour deal yesterday, I have a feeling its a bit more user friendly. All in all, a damn fine way to spend some time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
...and it was awesome. I have no desire to do anything else in life but ride my motorcycle on a racetrack.

I here ya bro... I think it's a shame that I've been riding bikes for 30 years and finally went to the track on a Hypermotard. Don't get me wrong I love this bike on the track but I've been thru so many good sport bikes that were dying to go to the track and I just rode them around town or took them to Deals Gap and thought it was great. Wrong.

I can't wait to get a proper track day bike and go raise hell. I must admit I've passed faster riders and faster bikes at long and short tracks and grin from ear to ear every time this torque monster pulls a faster bike out of a corner.
Straight stretch not so much!

Welcome to a very expensive addiction. Nobody will ever give your bike credit until you pass and leave them in the tight stuff and then once you get back to the pits they will all want to talk about your bike.
Try some DOT's and you will be amazed.

Remember you can out brake 90% of the track day folks out there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pretty much fucked myself for street riding.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In a perfect world, everyone would have a natural terrain track right outside their garage. Until that happens, track riding is (for most all of us) an expedition on the magnitude of boating. In this context, expedition is a euphemism for hassle to the nth degree. Beginning and ending each work week with several hours of towing your crap up and down the Interstate can quickly test ones commitment to track only riding.

Dodging gravel, deer and men in spandex does kind of take the edge off our wonderful roads here in the mountains of North Carolina. If only the logistics of track riding werent such an ass pain, I'd be right there with you guys.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I think adictive is an understatement. I now have an understanding of the people that throw their lives away for meth or crack...
To quote Peter Egan, "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty"

Track days are only step away from racing. Once you start it's hard to stop. It only took 2 track days and I was race prepping my street bike...:D

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I pretty much fucked myself for street riding.
Yeah me also...Ive somehow managed to not get even 1 ticket in the year + i have been Terrorizing the streets of Houston.

I guess the thing i like best about my hyper is being abel to toy with the crotch rockets
My best friend rides a mean ass tricked out R1 but i fuck with him so much that he started pussin out

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yes. Actually heading out to the Sumo track in a bit to take some pictures of those dudes flogging themselves.
Supermoto is as fun as the big track, a little more intense being that its much quicker action.. another addiction so don't get into that one too...Or do and have even more fun....and expenditures.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yes. Actually heading out to the Sumo track in a bit to take some pictures of those dudes flogging themselves.
I'm in Seattle this weekend and just got back from a quick trip up to Deception Pass, wow, wish I was on the Hyper, great area for ride.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How do you guys ride HM on the track? SM or with your knee out?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My background is sport bikes so i ride with my knee down. However, there is a right left combo at Pacific Raceways that would be great for the foot out style. Next time I'm out there I'm gonna try it that way, I think it would be faster.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You can't ride it like a SM because the bars and bike are lower and its much heavier, ..its basically a SM looking sport bike ... knee down works best

1 - 20 of 20 Posts