Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

Im finally getting a set of Angel GT 2's put on my 1260 MTS. I was flipping through the manual and it said something about resetting the tire pressure sensors every-time you change the tires. If found where to reset the sensors on the bikes dashboard.

So I simple fill the tires to a set pressure (36psi for example) and then set the computer to match that in BARs (2.5)?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Are you sure it's talking about the TPS system, not the tire rotation speed setting related to your quick shifter operation? Most US bikes don't have TPS, only the GTs and anyone who had them installed by the dealer do.

Not sure why you'd need to reset your TPS system on a tire change, but you should re-calibrate your tire rotation settings so your QS works correctly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's talking about the TPS system, not the tire rotation speed setting related to your quick shifter operation? Most US bikes don't have TPS, only the GTs and anyone who had them installed by the dealer do.

Not sure why you'd need to reset your TPS system on a tire change, but you should re-calibrate your tire rotation settings so your QS works correctly.
I have a GT and it came with the TPMS. I was wondering what that tire calibration was for. Glad you said something!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have a GT and it came with the TPMS. I was wondering what that tire calibration was for. Glad you said something!
The tire calibration is used when you change the tire size, profile and / or the gearing.
BTW, there a really entertaining and somewhat related thread with a few good laughs to be found here:
Speedometer re-calibration

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
I don't understand Ducati at all... IMO TPMS is of more 'safety' value on these bikes than the gimmicky radar (at a fraction of the actual cost) - and it's not standard on all V4's? It's like not including fuel gauge or cruise control on the Streetfighter... just dumb on bikes that cost this much.

Adding in-wheel TPMS (not a fan of the gigantic valve stem doughnuts) is one of the better mod's I made on my Multi (and it's twice notified me when I got a puncture long before I noticed the handling difference).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts