Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this not how I imagined introducing myself here. To make a long story short, I been riding for years and just came off a 06 yamaha r6. Which I wanted to buy a 848 evo in the first place.. Well weeks ago I walked into a ducati dealer and there was a 2012 848 evo in arctic white. I fell in love with the bike and ended up selling my r6 to a buddy and buying a used 2011 in arctic white and drove 10 hours round trip for it. I put it on the road and loved this bike. Well last sunday afternoon I was riding with a friend down a main road here on Long Island going north bound. There was a guy on a bicycle traveling the same direction on the shoulder. Unexpectedly he made a left turn into traffic and we collided, my 848 slid 1/2 a football field and I suffered road rash, fractured hand and collar bone. Two witnesses made a statement in the police report that the bicyclist did not yield to right of way. I have a good case, if the guy has any money that is.

I did not carry comprehensive insurance so I'll be looking around here for parts and maybe some advice on some aftermarket pieces. Heres some pics, bc every crash thread needs pics.. Starting with before.. The emergency md cut my new gp plus jacket.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
As they say its only money. Good thing it was not worse for you, or him...

·
Registered
5 Posts
...had you not been wearing the proper gear, it looks like it would have been a heck of a lot worse. Glad to hear you walked away with only minor injuries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts