Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, first post and first time owner here. Im in near north Ontario, Canada

Im not new to bikes (I have 11), but I am new to Ducati. All my current bikes are Japanese, some Honda V4's (2x VF1000R's) some 2 strokes (NS400R, RZ500, RGV250, RG250, RZ350), a Kawasaki ZRX1100, a newer VFR800 and a newer Yamaha FJ09

Im a sucker for a project (I always have one on the go every winter). So I bought a project 748. its a 2000 model year, Odo says 6300mi , has a few cosmetic issues, needs fork seals and a few other things.

Ill see if I can find a service manual down load, as I expect ill have to do the timing belts and valve clearances, I got no service history on the bike (one reason I got it far below asking).

Ill start a build thread once I get underway, I do need a few parts, and have questions, so Ill post for those separately

nice to be here

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,098 Posts
Hi Mr. Straycat and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will do Scott.

thanks guys for the warm ewelcome

Reactions: scott

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Nicely done intro. 2 strokes ya say? Where about's are you and can I take a few out? >:)

NSR400 has gotta be an all time favorite. I wouldn't sneer at the RZ 500 either. Post some pics up of your harem? Love to see them. That's a fine looking duck that yellow one. Best of luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

Here are some pics of the other bikes, I restored the Euro VF1000R, the RGV250, the RG250 WW and a few others:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks hypermo

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Wow! All beautiful bikes kept in pristine condition. Very very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts