Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is reasonable at a dealer for the 600 mile first service ? I was quoted $350, I thought that was high considering its mainly a oil change right ?

Does the price seem out of line ? What are you guys paying ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
11 Posts
That seems really high. I just paid $170 for my 600 mile service on a Monster 796. Can't imagine Streetfighter would be any higher. My dealer charges only $75 hr for labor. $350 is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Paid 25$ at the dealer for mine, + 70$ for oil and filter, did it myself before going to the dealer.

They just reset the service indicator and tightened the chain.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What is reasonable at a dealer for the 600 mile first service ? I was quoted $350, I thought that was high considering its mainly a oil change right ?

Does the price seem out of line ? What are you guys paying ?

thanks in advance
Id talk to benji, for how much you spent on the bike they should cut you a deal. Tell him sollerpower said so. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine was Freeeee as it was negotiated at the time of purchase... But still the Service receipt showed $258. Took an hour and a half.

San Diego - GP Motorcycles (Great shop)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think mine was $300... What a rip off, they even failed to reset my service indicator... Needless to say they won't be seeing my bike again!

·
Registered
702 Posts
yup pretty much it... oil, filter then check nuts and bolts, tighten the chain if needed (probably lube it) and test ride the bike.

I can't believe we actually pay them for that!

On a side note you can reset your service light for free using DucatiDiag. The only think you'll need is a couple cables that can be had for about $15 on ebay (shipped). That also will let you reset your TPS in case you ever change your ECU map.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Mine was Freeeee as it was negotiated at the time of purchase... But still the Service receipt showed $258. Took an hour and a half.

San Diego - GP Motorcycles (Great shop)
Most money is made on service rather sales... so many dealers would do it to get people into their shops by offering free first service, discounts on accessories, etc. I had my 1st service done for free and was also offered 15% off on everything in the shop for a year, when i first bought the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts