Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was my first ride of the season. And after riding for about an hour I decided I'll ride it to work. No big deal riding in, but when I go to leave work at 8pm. I notice my front Headlight goes out after I start the bike. It was on when I turned the ignition on, but the second it was running the bastard went out. I was so nervous to ride home in the dark with no headlight, but no other choice. And sure enough about 3 blocks from my house I got F-ing pulled over. I explained the situation and he was so cool. He let me follow him to my house with a warning. He even gave me a " nice bike " when he left.

- I have a superbike body kit so only one headlight underneath. Why would the headlight go out when running...then right on and bright when engine off?
really freakin weird. Please help!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know why your headlight would do that but it doesn't sound like a nightmare to me sounds like a miracle you didn't get a ticket!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
First ride of the season nightmare

I mounted two small halogen lights off of my mirrors just for the reason that not only can I now see better but in case the main headlight goes out I can turn on the running lights and make it home!!!

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
I once broke both bulb elements on my Harley on the country backroads of Georgia on my way to Daytona for Bike Week. It was dark....real dark, and traffic was very light. I rode staggered from my buddy as we rode for 20-30 miles, with him tapping his brake light to have me hit my turn signal so he'd know I was still back there. We stopped at several convenience stores looking for a headlight (same as a car), no one had any, but we were told of a Walmart in a nearby town, so we headed that way. We were two miles from the Walmart when I got stopped (my buddy didn't even notice I was stopped and kept going). The cop was in total disbelief and started the conversation in a really shakey, disbelieving voice with, "Sir.....do you know that your headlight isn't on?".....I told him the story about losing both elements about 30 miles back and that we were heading to Walmart to get a new one. He confirmed the directions to the Walmart and just told me to "Be careful". After this, we found a hotel and called it a night by killing a 12 pack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.