Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Tricolore today, and immediately after driving off the lot put roughly 120miles on it.

Handling: Amazingly fast and responsive, Those who say no front end feel obviously haven't ridden one. Will expand on this once I get over that new bike meekness.

Comfort: Most comfortable super-bike I've ever ridden, and I've tested the RSV4, S1000rr, 1098, 1198, and a 848. The 120miles barely made my wrists fatigued. I did get a cramp in my thigh but that's my own damn fault :D. I'm also 6'4 230-240lbs depending on the day.

Power: Even being restricted to 6krpm for the first 600miles it's a blast smooth from 1st-4th never had to get outta 4th even with 6krpm. Perfectly fine for around town, straights, twistys (sampled them all at slow speeds today). Once I've got the 600miles behind me I'll update. That will most likely be after tomorrow or Friday @ the latest. 4th gear @ 5000 rpms is roughly 80mph or so.

I'm sitting here drinking a beer just staring @ it in my garage impatiently waiting for tomorrow to get here so I can finish off that 600mile break in. I was so excited I forgot to turn on my gopro the WHOLE time i was riding..

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. So surprised how everyone says how comfortable it is given how small it looks.

If I were you I'd finish that beer and rub one out staring at it if it was in my garage lol.

Congrats on your purchase.

Really looking forward to more video reviews and track results in the coming months.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like fun! :D I read that early test riders felt that the aluminum front "subframe" on the 1199 did not have the same lack of feel issues that the carbon fiber unit on the GP bike did because it is not as stiff. Ducati may have had that problem for a long time with the GP bikes as I recall hearing that the original Desmosidici 999 had the most powerful engines in the the field, but the chassis did not have the "controlled flex" of the 5 cylinder Honda machines, so you had trouble controlling all of that power. Remember that when Rossi went to Yamaha, he basically had them change the bike to feel more like his Honda, including changing the firing order.
So I got my Tricolore today, and immediately after driving off the lot put roughly 120miles on it.

Handling: Amazingly fast and responsive, Those who say no front end feel obviously haven't ridden one. Will expand on this once I get over that new bike meekness.

Comfort: Most comfortable super-bike I've ever ridden, and I've tested the RSV4, S1000rr, 1098, 1198, and a 848. The 120miles barely made my wrists fatigued. I did get a cramp in my thigh but that's my own damn fault :D. I'm also 6'4 230-240lbs depending on the day.

Power: Even being restricted to 6krpm for the first 600miles it's a blast smooth from 1st-4th never had to get outta 4th even with 6krpm. Perfectly fine for around town, straights, twistys (sampled them all at slow speeds today). Once I've got the 600miles behind me I'll update. That will most likely be after tomorrow or Friday @ the latest.

I'm sitting here drinking a beer just staring @ it in my garage impatiently waiting for tomorrow to get here so I can finish off that 600mile break in. I was so excited I forgot to turn on my gopro the WHOLE time i was riding..

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great write up and video Gunter, thanks for posting. I'm finally picking up my S tomorrow, can't wait.

-Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts