Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I have looked.. not great with this kind of stuff ... hope it's in the right place ..
2007 1100s
Had the bike a week cored the exhaust
Full service ECT..
So I wanted more of a hooligan tool .. so I went down 1 tooth on the front 14t with 42 rear ..
Still not lifting the front in 2nd ! ?
So my question is can I go down another one on the front to 13t ? Would this be ok on the motor ?
I love the look feel comfort of my hyper ...
Thanks all

Attachments

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,376 Posts
If all you want to do is wheelies, take a wheelie class. Youre going to ruin the bikes gearing going down in the front. Good luck.

·
Registered
742 Posts
These 1100 Hypermotards are notoriously difficult to wheelie, partly due to the front wheel being made of lead. Ironically, the rear is made from adamantium and actually weighs -2LB. Simply swapping your rear wheel for the front makes an enormous difference.
Alternatively, you could try sitting the other way around, or even removing the front sprocket entirely.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
And I thought I had issues. My problem is trying to keep the front end down on hard acceleration on the straights over 60 MPH.

Going for this?

I don't think a 13T will fit as the 14T is supposedly near the limit as it is. You'll have to go up in the back.

Reactions: Spex

·
Registered
258 Posts
Still not lifting the front in 2nd ! ?
Thanks all
Wait!!! You mean to tell me there's more than one gear on these things?!?!?!

These 1100 Hypermotards are notoriously difficult to wheelie, partly due to the front wheel being made of lead. Ironically, the rear is made from adamantium and actually weighs -2LB. Simply swapping your rear wheel for the front makes an enormous difference.
Alternatively, you could try sitting the other way around, or even removing the front sprocket entirely.
Dear spinoli1,

I too, discovered the front wheel was made of lead so I simply REMOVED IT. Now, even when parked at the local cafe d'poseur, I am in wheelie mode. Please promptly remove your front wheel and advise if you have similar results...

Happy riding!

Blu'

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hard to wheelie? Hmmm. Trolling hard!!!

I went UP 1th on the CS. I wanted more top end and mileage. I still can't keep the front end down in 2nd. Haven't even installed the race ECU yet. BOOYAA!!!

Reactions: Austen

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So gone with 14 / 45 I'll fit it in the morning and see how it works out..
I did just assume that a big 1100 v twin would be a bit lively ..
I had my share of bike's 50+ but I love how it looks & sounds just want it to behave how I want now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts