Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy a used bike, and I found a 2006 with 1700 miles. One owner. The owner informed me that he did not take his bike to the dealer for initial 600 miles inspection. Also, he did first oil change at 1700 miles.

I am very interested in this bike, but I am concerned about the delayed oil change.

How much damage this late oil change could have caused the engine and transmission?
Would you buy the bike and take the risk?

The bike I am looking at is not a Ducati. It is a Honda CBR F4i.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Zero problems from that oil change. Should not be a factor in your decision. I'm surprised Honda has a 600 mile service anyways.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree I don't think that it is an issue; however I would suggest that the owner agree to take it in for the oil change and inspection and provide you with the invoice/work order before you hand over the $$$....you never know what the dealer may find. Even if it is covered under warranty you should know what you're getting into

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I agree I don't think that it is an issue; however I would suggest that the owner agree to take it in for the oil change and inspection and provide you with the invoice/work order before you hand over the $$$....you never know what the dealer may find. Even if it is covered under warranty you should know what you're getting into
+1 what else did he neglect ? pay accordingly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts