Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got one. I have been a lifelong Ducatisti and while I regret every day that I sold by beloved built '93 750SS, I finally bit the bullet and found a Bimota of my liking. It is a 2007 DB6 Delirio. I had looked at the ad for months but really wanted a Tesi 3D. When the one I found didn't pass the allowable budget test, I decided to keep looking.p

I almost bought a pristine Monster S4RS but alas the credit union had other ideas.

Then the epiphany! I really also like the DB6. I wonder if it is still available. Oh darnit...it is. Start the financial juggling and tada...I got it. Funny thing is is that the seller and I couldn't be more alike. You'd think we were brothers rather than Bimota-brothers...which we are as he still has a DB6R.

If I can figure out how to get the images off either my iPad or my Photobucket account, I'll upload them this weekend.

I have ridden it into town a couple of times and did a +250 mile ride yesterday through the Inland Empire, Crestline, Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear. Next time I'll add a gelled seat cushion...lol. I do like how it rides and handles. I was debating possible adding a lighter flywheel but need some advice as I don't want to mess with any further fuel injection tuning if possible. I had one on the 750 but it had the gamut of engine work too. I'd likely keep this one stock as to build the engine appears to be a $10K proposition. All advice is appreciated

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Db6

I spent a lot of time looking at that one too. I already have a db5 Mille and an sb8r, just sold my YB-11. The bike you got is probably one of the nicest db6s out there. I just had trouble justifying to myself another bike. im really glad to see the bike go to someone who who would value and look after it. These things are so light, fun to ride. Everyone who sees it will want to talk about it. Congratulations on the purchase.
Jack

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a new 3D Carbono which I have had for sale for some time now and just looking at your bike I can see a lot of common parts between the two. The level of workmanship on these bikes is amazing. Good luck with your new purchase.
Ian

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I am having a blast. It is almost the same feeling I had when I got my first bike (a Honda CB200T) at 15.

I have some plans for it but right now I am enjoying riding it as much as I can.

Hopefully I will run into other So Cal Bimota riders. I know of a few plus the previous owner but I don't think there are many where I live.

Bring on the carbon/billet/titanium/unobtanium widgets! >:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a DB6 for a few years. Fantastically fun bike, seat is stiff as hell tho. Even with that I put in a few 200 mile plus days. Enjoy, looks great!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey quikduk, good to run into you here. Congrats on the DB6. I hope you put bunch of happy miles on it, some of which on your trips to the Rock Store:wink2:

Bimotas are difficult to own just one. Each model is so unique and beautiful. Look forward to riding with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fast forward a bit as work is keeping me way too busy...

I met up with Tirefriar at a Dave Moss Suspension Clinic at PI a little bit ago and had a blast talking bikes and planning future rides.

The suspension clinic was a great help so after I adjust things a bit more to my liking, I'll report on the results.

These really are great bikes and I have almost as much fun looking over it as I do riding it.

Bring on the warm So-Cal weather...ppppppplease! :grin2:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quikduk's bike is fantastic. Looks so much better in real life! Yeah, the brand may not be the fastest, best handing, blah, blah but the level of engineering and craftsmanship that goes into our bikes is virtually unsurpassable. Too bad my SB8R wet itself at the clinic day, probably was too thrilled to see another Bimota on the road. Alas, all is good now with several new seals she is like new again. Quikduk, hopefully we can ride again when the roads are dry.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts